Olympus 60mm Macro lens - Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus 60mm Macro lens - Manual?

I felt that a good user's guide with tips on how to get the best out of the Olympus Zuiko 60mm f2.8 macro lens would be useful. The downloadable one at the UK Olympus site is really a 2-page nothing. But on the American site, there is a larger manual downloadable for $10.

I have not done this yet but am wondering if there is a UK equivalent somewhere that I have missed?

Re: Olympus 60mm Macro lens - Manual?

I'm struggling to understand what a manual for a lens could possible say besides "mount, take pictures"
    Paul
    E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
    flickr
    Portfolio Site
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
      I'm struggling to understand what a manual for a lens could possible say besides "mount, take pictures"
      Naughty boy!
      Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Ah you forgot to remove the lens cap a manual would have told you to do that,................
        Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

I meant optimal use of the dial setting. Quite a few people reported here that it took them quite a while to get used to the lens and so I thought a few tips from the manufacturer would not be amiss.....particularly for someone over the hill like me .

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
            The 60mm has got a dial...

I guess it has lots of tips about macro working and with the latest software may well describe how to set up the camera for different shots.

I'd like to see one just out of interest.
            Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
              I'd like to see one just out of interest.
              There appears to be a downloadable on on the US Olympus site....for $10.

Comment

The downloadable manual is free.

The same manual can be purchased for $10 if you require a hard copy.

A reasonable guide to using the 60mm macro can be found here:

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uwd6votlsSI[/ame]

Dave

Comment

And there was me, hoping it would tell me where to find the best creepy crawlies

I have all my manuals as PDFs. So much easier to "find" something when I need to refer/refresh my memory
                  Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

That video certainly helps explaining the pros & cons of the lens & should have helped with understanding it better. For the maximum size macro photos I usually rotate the knob for 1:1, move into the subject until it comes into focus & then back off slightly to allow the AF to focus without being too close for it to do so. The User Manual doesn't say all that much but says it in several languages.

Ross
                    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

I watched that video and find it wrong in the sense that the MF focus speed like most Zuiko focus by wire lenses is rather agriculural and frankly awful. I have even sent an email to Olympus saying they need to do something about the MF speed

You are better off with SAF +MF and using back button focus

My thoughts are recorded here

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39074
                      OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Working...
                      X