Slime Mould Plasmodium 1 Location Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slime Mould Plasmodium 1 Location Images

The plasmodium of this slime mould is the asexual form. This colony was found on birch bark and handed to me. These are location images. "Studio" images from a day later show changes and will be uploaded tomorrow.

The stereos are crosseye. Although the depth of most of the oganism is tiny, they do work.

Olympus EM-1, (aperture priority), Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, 1/100 at f8 ISO 800, hand-held.

Harold

Last edited by Harold Gough; 9th December 2019, 05:07 PM.
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

3D's work well despite shallow depth...470 sexes, how does that work then Harold...………….

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
      3D's work well despite shallow depth...470 sexes, how does that work then Harold...………….
      Thanks, Mark.

I don't know how it works but deciding which one an individual wishes to identify as could be a full time occupation.

It's a good thing that they don't need toilets!

Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post

Thanks, Mark.

I don't know how it works but deciding which one an individual wishes to identify as could be a full time occupation.

It's a good thing that they don't need toilets!

Harold
        And can't go shopping...…………...

Comment

I thought I was going to see some images taken through a microscope

Is this another slime mould. I remember amoeba-like cells live freely and then coalesce to create composite structures or colonies?

Ian
          Founder and editor of:
          Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
          Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
          Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
          Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
          NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
            I thought I was going to see some images taken through a microscope

Is this another slime mould. I remember amoeba-like cells live freely and then coalesce to create composite structures or colonies?

Ian
            Yes, Ian, those are the organisms. (I've just realised that you were thinking of the malaria parasite. Same name, different kingdom).

I have posted images of several species in Foto Fair over several years. I tend to post them outside of the plant and fungus string as they are, as you say, neither. All of those other species would have been as sexual stage fruiting bodies. occasionally sitting on some plasmodium.

As for microscopes, spores are boring and I work at magnifications down to FOV 3.5mm wide with macro lenses. It his case, the low magnification is more relevant

Harold

Comment

Very interesting.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
              X