USAF Harvards visit Wang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF Harvards visit Wang

Yesterday we were visited by two USAF Harvard trainers.
    I heard them fly over my place directly beneath the glide path of incoming airplanes.
    Scrambling the Mazda I headed for the airfield in time to see them take to their wings again

SORRY, SEEMINGLY IMPOSSIBLE AT THIS POINT TO SHARE PHOTOS. MAY TRY AGAIN AFTER CHRISTMAS. .
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

In the tool bar below the post is a "photo icon" click on that and then you can upload a photo!
    Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	768925
      My Flickr

Comment

FIRST LET ME APOLOGISE FOR SPITTING THE DUMMY.
        I'm afraid I am losing it, I have a terminal disease for which there's no cure...old age.
        Secondly I thank Walti, Mark Johnson and Larry Griffith for their undeserved help in getting me through the new convolutions.
        Last edited by pandora; 9th December 2019, 06:43 AM.
        My Flickr

Comment

• Ian
          Ian commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for the learning curve - but certainly in your case it has been well worth it

Originally posted by pandora View Post
        So when I upload I get thumbnails. When I click "full size", it's an "invalid request". this is A CRAZY DOWNGRADE! … Grrrr!
        Goodbye Oly, Hello Flickr. I'm outa here..See you at https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
        Mark,

Just insert the link that you get in Flickr under BBCode directly into your post. You don't have to click on one of the icons at the bottom of the post:

Last edited by griffljg; 9th December 2019, 03:21 AM.
        Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
        Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

FIRST LET ME APOLOGISE FOR SPITTING THE DUMMY.
          I'm afraid I am losing it, I have a terminal disease for which there's no cure...old age.
          Secondly I thank Walti, Mark Johnson and Larry Griffith for their undeserved help in getting me through the new convolutions.

SPECIAL THANKS TO LARRY FOR COPYING THE HARVARDS FROM MY FLICKR, AND EXPLAINING TO ME OVER THE PHONE HOW IT IS DONE..
          Yesterday in Wangaratta we were visited by two USAF Harvard trainers.
          I heard them fly over my place directly beneath the glide path of incoming airplanes.
          Scrambling the Mazda I headed for the airfield in time to see them take to their wings again
          My Flickr

Comment

It was a pleasure Mark.

When I was about 8 or 9 years old, we lived in the South African city of Port Elizabeth fairly close to the Airport, which also served as a SAAF training base at which there was a squadron of Harvard advanced trainers. Those aircraft were very noisy. Many years later, a friend explained to me that the noise was caused by the tips of the propellors breaking the sound barrier. It sounded plausible to me, but I still don't know whether it is true or not.
            Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
            Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Larry, prop tips breaking the sound barrier, plausible I suppose, but those that flew over here were not particularly noisy.
              My Flickr

Comment

Old age hasn't affected your ability to get a great shot, we can all be thankful for that!
                Stuff from Cuba
                More stuff from Cuba
                It all started here

Comment

That last plane seems to a reverse flying mode...………...…….

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                    Old age hasn't affected your ability to get a great shot, we can all be thankful for that!
                    One day you'll notice I've stopped posting and realise it did!

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                      That last plane seems to a reverse flying mode...………...…….
                      I'm still working on that one, Mark ...
                      My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post

One day you'll notice I've stopped posting and realise it did!
                        We'll just check the number of red dots under your profile as they slowly peter away!
                        Stuff from Cuba
                        More stuff from Cuba
                        It all started here

Comment

Mark
                          It is pleasure to see the postings of an old fart.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Thanks Alf,
                            Merry Christmas!
                            My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X