K153

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K153

Hardly the Flying Scotsman, but you can follow the train of thought.

The gate keeps stray sheep from wandering onto the track
    My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Re: K153

Steamy photo Mark, she was a great engine by the looks.

And don't you know it, sheep always try to escape through the gate......

Comment

Re: K153

A great old engine for sure, Mark, but not quite a match for Pere Marquette shot by lleon1126 our Flickr friend who on my advice for over a year just bought an M1 Mkii
      and used it for the first time at her Eastside Camera Club (Michigan) shoot last Saturday - not bad for a beginner, eh! (worth a like or a comment, perhaps?)
      https://www.flickr.com/groups/eastsi...h/49162112001/

My Flickr

Comment

Pere Marquette 1225 is the name of the loco not the lovely lady, although I agree her shots are very good! Interesting that she switched from Nikon....

I like your K153 too, but the gate is slightly amusing specially as you can't see the electric fencing very clearly.
        Stuff from Cuba
        More stuff from Cuba
        It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
          Pere Marquette 1225 is the name of the loco not the lovely lady, although I agree her shots are very good! Interesting that she switched from Nikon....

I like your K153 too, but the gate is slightly amusing specially as you can't see the electric fencing very clearly.
          I am not adapting easily to the new interface, age related no doubt. Have not been able to find my uploads in the new "My Photos" gallery?
          The lady in question is Lorell, moderator of the US based Wet Canvas Photography forum. Absolutely the best mod in the world, no kidding!
          My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post

I am not adapting easily to the new interface, age related no doubt. Have not been able to find my uploads in the new "My Photos" gallery?
            The lady in question is Lorell, moderator of the US based Wet Canvas Photography forum. Absolutely the best mod in the world, no kidding!
            Take your time Mark, it will take us all a little while to get used to it. I find it "not easy" to find the latest posts, but all a bit new...If you can change the view to "Dark Style" the pages look really good. Uploading is straight forward, just use the BB Code from Flickr...............Mj

Comment

Thanks Mark. Now where might the
              change the view to "Dark Style" be hiding in this labrynth?
              My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                Thanks Mark. Now where might the
                change the view to "Dark Style" be hiding in this labrynth?
                Goto the Forum Index on the opening page. Right at the bottom of the page, (left hand side) is the button to click for "The Dark Side"

It might be at the bottom of every page...………………...

Comment

I was looking to change to larger, darker text, Such is the ambiguity of English, Mark.
                  Apparently there is no such option, nor is there a Signature line or a Flickr link, and we are a forum without a gallery.
                  Such are some of the deficiencies characterizing this new *minimalist interface, perhaps to attract Gen Z and Millennials.
                  That demographic don't shoot Olympus, they do smart phones and post their stoned party pics on Facebook and Instagram!
                  The original interface was infinitely superior in every practical way, so it is fair to say that we now have a downgraded forum.
                  *Minimalist (my def.), 'All is nothing and nothing is everything'. . # rant ends.
                  Last edited by pandora; 11th December 2019, 11:29 AM.
                  My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X