I see real (good) value in the second hand market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see real (good) value in the second hand market

Just a heads up for those of you who’ve perhaps not taken a look in this area. Looking in the window at my local LCE, yesterday, I saw an OMD-E-M5 for £149. That’s a lot of camera for the money (I still have mind and think it is very capable). In fact, I see a lot across the brands. The 16MP Fujis can all be found cheaply. For anyone wanting to dabble in a larger format I’ve seen used 5Ds around plus lots of very reasonable Sony A7s, Nikon D600s and so on. Lenses, obviously, leak value far more slowly than bodies, though old Four Thirds lenses are very cheap if you’re happy to adapt. My point being? Real photography need not be an expensive hobby. And my thinking, recently, has been that I’d rather have last year’s camera and the cash spare to take it somewhere interesting.

My last 3 bodies have all been bought used, and have all been low use, mint examples at great prices. I keep looking for, but hardly ever see, used EM1mk2's though which I would imagine would be my next purchase
    Junk on Flickr
    Even more Junk on Instagram

Comment

Agree totally. My last two lenses have been bought used including an `as new` 40-150 PRO. Well worth making the effort either in camera shops or online. But support your local shop if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Internaut View Post
        Just a heads up for those of you who’ve perhaps not taken a look in this area. Looking in the window at my local LCE, yesterday, I saw an OMD-E-M5 for £149. That’s a lot of camera for the money (I still have mind and think it is very capable).
        The last 2 EM5 Mk1s I'ved watched on ebay have gone for around £120.

E-P5s are going for more than those, both on ebay and at dealers.

But if in the market for a new 12-40mm f2.8, buying one as part of a kit with an EM5 Mk2 you can get a brand new genuine UK stock Mk2 body + grip + extra battery for only an extra cost of £267 more than buying a 12-40mm seperately.

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...m-d-e-m5-44571

Comment

Working...
        X