Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 182 Times in 124 Posts
Re: Medicines Shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post

Many years ago I attended a First Aid course run by St Johns Ambulance. One of the things they emphasised, even back then, was the danger of being sued after giving first aid in an emergency. I hate to think what the chances are now of receiving first aid from a member of the general public. If they have any sense they will look the other way.

Jax
I was a registered first aider at work for thirty years, this entailed a week long course and requalification every three years.
Every time I went the advice was don't worry about the legal position, if you have given aid its seen as best effort.
Car accident opposite where I worked for example, old boy drove into a lamp post and the force ejected him out the back of his smart car (no seat belt)
First aid was given, but died on the way to hospital in the ambulance.
I still carry a resucc face mask/mouthpiece and gloves pack in my rucksack.

Most bizarre incident was attending to a young lady whose waters broke at a bus stop in Cambridge when I was on my way to work.
Called 999, paramedic came and stayed with her whilst she gave birth in the street. Laid her down, made her comfortable and held her hand, Cafe opposite still has a photo of the new mum and baby,
Best start I have ever had to a workday, two sides of the coin detailed here.
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 1,761 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram View Post
I was a registered first aider at work for thirty years, this entailed a week long course and requalification every three years.
Every time I went the advice was don't worry about the legal position, if you have given aid its seen as best effort.
I've attended two 1st aid courses, one by the Red Cross and the other by St John's Ambulance, and they both said the same.

Jim
Old 1 Day Ago

Liked 182 Times in 124 Posts

Getting more ridiculous now, split the latest scrip between two different pharmacies to get the requisite amount for a month.
Glad its covered by a prepaid certificate otherwise it would cost double.