Hi from Bedfordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Bedfordshire

I'm new to Olympus, having swapped all my Pentax apsc gear for an M1 mkii, 300mm pro, 12-40pro, 60mm macro and an ED 14-42. Its all brilliant. So easy to use with really good focusing. I changed to get a lighter system, that turns out to be heavier and bigger than the Pentax dslr kit that I had previously, but so much better to use that I don't mind - much to my wifes' amusement.
    I've only been taking photos for 59 years, so I still have a lot to learn and thats why I have joined the forum.

Re: Hi from Bedfordshire

Hi -

Welcome.

Just like that - gone in a flash! Now in use.

Comment

Welcome.
      So in the next 59 years, you might get the hang of it.
      Dave

My Flickr

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Is it really bigger! and heavier!! than the Pentax gear? if you weren't joking that is a surprise, to me anyway. Glad you are liking your new gear though.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Hi Phil,

Yes, my Pentax DA* 300mm f4 lens is 1/2lb lighter and 2 inches shorter than my nice new Zuiko 300mm f4 Pro. I'd still rather use the Zuiko though.

Comment

Hi,

Another newbie here, just saying "Hi", and glad to note I'm not the only one that still thinks in Imperial units!

The members on here have been really welcoming, and it is heartening to see how willing they are to share knowledge & experience.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi from Wales
              Great group
              Roy

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by LongShot View Post
                  Hi Phil,

Yes, my Pentax DA* 300mm f4 lens is 1/2lb lighter and 2 inches shorter than my nice new Zuiko 300mm f4 Pro. I'd still rather use the Zuiko though.
                  Welcome from another one-time Pentax user (a Spotmatic from only 46 years ago), although I came to Olympus via Nikon DSLRs.

I do feel that Olympus missed a trick when they launched their 300mm f/4 since, just after I changed systems, Nikon launched their remarkably small and light 300mm f/4 PF lens.

Everything else about Olympus won me over and, for most uses, there is a major size and weight benefit. I've never felt any urge to go back
                  Mike
                  visit my Natural History Photos website:
                  http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

A warm welcome LongShot.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom