Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Olympus

Greetings all.

I’ve joined the group having just purchased my first Olympus kit in over six years, an OM-D E-M10 MkIII. I used Olympus DSLR gear for several years: E330; E500; E3 (favourite) bodies and several lenses, my favoured being, if I remember correctly, a rather excellent 12-60mm offering. Anyway, in June 2013 I had a complete kit change to Canon, which I’m still not sure was the best move I’ve ever made............

Having become increasingly fed-up lugging a 7D and 24-105mm lens around, not to mention all the other paraphernalia that “just can’t be left at home”, I looked at mirrorless/compact system offerings from various manufacturers and plumped for the OM-D E-M10 MkIIIwith a couple of kit lenses to get me started - 14-42mm and 40-150mm, plus my soon to arrive free 45mm.

Fairly impressed with the camera so far but still much to learn with it.

Hopefully I’ll get round to posting some images soon.

Right, sorry for the long-winded hello.

Re: Return to Olympus

Big Welcome back Bruce, see if you can get a entry in for this months challenge......

Comment

Welcome Bruce, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with the new camera.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Welcome. Lots to like in the Oly m43 ecosystem. I switched from Canon in 2012 and have never regretted it.
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Welcome back Bruce. That EM10 offer is a real bargain at the moment well spotted.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Welcome, Bruce. My first EM Olympus was a similar kit that they once did for the E-M5. I bought it for a trip to Borneo, when I just couldn't face the thought of lugging around my Nikon gear! The Nikon never got used again

The tiny 45mm f/1.8 is a wonderful lens that proved invaluable in the dim light under the forest canopy and for nocturnal wildlife.

I suspect that quite a few of us on here are 'refugees' from DSLR systems
            Mike
            visit my Natural History Photos website:
            http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

A warm welcome Bruce.
              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
              Learn something new every day

Comment

Welcome.
                Like you i left Olympus, but i went to nikon. A couple of years ago i bought an omd as my travel camera... i now find i am leaving my Nikon at home more and grab the Olympus when i go out...

Have fun with your new gear
                Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

Welcome back, i would not be without my Olympus...but I am biased!!

Peter
                  OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
                  I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
                  www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

A friend of mine is a very good bird photographer and was a Nikon user. His 500mm lens was massive! He borrowed my OM-D E1 mkii and 40 to 150mm f2.8 lens for a day and whilst not quite the lens for his work sold the Nikon the next day
                    He brought the 300mm f4 etc and has never looked back. Quality he feels is better then the Nikon and he still feels fresh after typical 8hr sessions.
                    Moral of story - photographers need to actually use the equipment for their specific application for a little time to be convinced m4/3 is really suitable.

So a very warm welcome Bruce and I doubt you will be disappointed.
                    Ian

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom