• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Dorset

Chris
    Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK1 | Panasonic Lumix GM1 | Olympus OM2n SLR
    AF Lenses: 12-32 | 12-40 Pro | 14 | 20 | 30 | 50 | 45-175
    MF Lenses: Konica Hexanon 50mm f1.7 | 135mm f3.2 | Helios 58mm 44-6 | Olympus OM 50mm f1.8

My Flickr

Re: Hello from Dorset

Welcome Cedge. A good place to be...............

Comment

I forgot to mention that its also good to find a UK based forum as most forums that I also frequent including mu-43 and dpreview are predominantly US based; whilst I have no problems with that its nice to get a more domestic view of the Olympus world.
      Chris
      MF Lenses: Konica Hexanon 50mm f1.7 | 135mm f3.2 | Helios 58mm 44-6 | Olympus OM 50mm f1.8

My Flickr

Comment

A warm welcome Cedge.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Welcome from me too. From what i read somewhere yesterday i'd say watch out for some bargain discounts on the Pen F soon.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

You can't just leave it like that........please spill the beans
            Chris

My Flickr

Comment

Well not much more to add really but the jist of what I read was that it seems like Oly is about to discontinue the Pen F if it hasn't already which usually means that discounts often follow as shops want to get rid of old stock. I'd look for non camera shops like PC world/Currys or even Amazon as most likely candidates. Sorry I can't remember what I was reading to get this idea maybe some others here will have better memory banks!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Hello Cedge, and a warm welcome to the forum.
                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

https://www.flickr.com/photos/amcuk/

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Forum

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Welcome Cedge. I took a look at your Flickr site - some fantastic images there. My sort of photography !
                      Paul
                      E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                      flickr
                      Portfolio Site
                      Instagram

Comment

Hi Cedge and welcome. I love my Pen-F as an object of beauty and indeed function, but I wish it was weather-sealed like my E-M5. I think Olympus made a mistake there.
                        Regards
                        Richard

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
                          Welcome Cedge. I took a look at your Flickr site - some fantastic images there. My sort of photography !
                          Likewise Paul, it seems that you have the camera I want and have been following me around the world.....NY, Bruge, London, Cornwall, Northumberland....

I was intrigued by the Northern Island images especially the one of the curved building; that area is on my to do list.
                          Chris

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Otto View Post
                            Hi Cedge and welcome. I love my Pen-F as an object of beauty and indeed function, but I wish it was weather-sealed like my E-M5. I think Olympus made a mistake there.
                            I think though as it is designed to work better with primes; none of which are sealed so they probably thought that there was no point to make the body weather sealed.

That feature doesn't bother me too much as I've never had a weather sealed body or lens
                            Chris

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cedge View Post
                              Likewise Paul, it seems that you have the camera I want and have been following me around the world.....NY, Bruge, London, Cornwall, Northumberland....

I was intrigued by the Northern Island images especially the one of the curved building; that area is on my to do list.
                              Ha. Indeed. The Pen-F is very nice. But TBH, its USP is really the looks & form factor. The E-M1ii is a better camera all round. Unless you use the JPEG knob of course, in which case it does have something different to offer.
                              Paul
                              E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
                              flickr
                              Portfolio Site
                              Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom