X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill D
    replied
    Re: Fens Falconry BIF meeting?

I was close to asking the same question Paul. Just thought I'd follow Barr1e's lead and post a couple of images to see if it stirred up any more interest before posing the same question. I suspect John may well be proved right though. Hope not, still got my fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Walti
    replied

Is this going to happen?

How many people other than me have actually said yes please?

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

Plus one of the Owl Barrie got.

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

Here's one I got last time too.

Leave a comment:

• Turek
    replied

I would be up for the 21st, only have weekends available.

Leave a comment:

• Barr1e
    replied

Anne and I joined other members visiting Fen Falconry in 2014 - an extremely exciting and rewarding day.

Here is one from the day from my dpnow gallery.

Ural Owl

Regards. Barr1e

Leave a comment:

• Bikie John
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

Peter for me I'd say yes no problem, you never know the EM5 might do better than you think. Definitely worth a try. You've been a pretty large contributor to this forum over the years it would be great to meet up.

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

Andy that works for me if you can work it out. Key now is to get as many as possible to commit so a date can be fixed soon. The further back this goes the worse weather we are likely to get. Maybe a poll added to the thread is the best way to get a decision. Not sure how to do that but maybe Ian could arrange it.

Leave a comment:

• art frames
    replied

I have never been to a Falconry event and would like to. However, although I shoot with Olympus (and Panasonic) 4/3 and M4/3 and have for 40 years, I took the decision to use a Canon system for birds and have used that for a couple of years happily and see no real reason to change. So would I be allowed to bring that Canon for the flight shots? I'm not being difficult or trying to start any controversy. I run both systems and am purely interested in getting wildlife pictures and learning from the day, nothing else.

I knew you were trying to help people with the EM1 mark 2 and so have not asked before. But when it comes to getting enough people to make it work I am raising my interest and will attend if it is allowed.

I would try and shoot with both but as I use the EM5mk2 I would not choose to use that for flying birds but would do so on static set-ups.

I will understand if you say no. But I'm sure much of your teaching will be relevant to any system.

best wishes

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied

I might be up for that, depends on when of course.

Leave a comment:

• oly_om
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MJ224
    replied

just to add my 2p worth.

Living in Wales, the trip would take some 4-5 hours travel each way. Would love to attend but its just too far for me.

Would really like to have a nearer meeting of the same calibre, cost I can justify, but not the travel. Be good to meet some of the Oly crowd in person (I think...)

Mark j

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

I agree very welcome indeed. All the Olympus events I've been to have been excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by Johnheatingman
    Unless I'm mis-informed, Olympus no longer provide any funding for this E-Group Forum, so I doubt if their financial assistance would be likely for this proposed venture. We can live in hopes though.

This is a free bump anyway

John
    While Olympus no longer fund the maintenance of this site. we remain on good terms with them and I have already been asked by them to propose ideas for consideration in the future.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian; 23rd September 2017, 10:19 AM. Reason: Typos

Leave a comment:

Working...
X