X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuiko
    replied
    Re: Winkworth Arboretum Meet

With me unable to attend because my daughter is unwell and Peter also unwell, not to mention an uninspiring weather forecast, the general concensus is to cancel this meet. I'm sure we will be able to arrange another meet at a later date, but perhaps not Winkworth as timing is, of course, crucial for the autumn colours. This location will, I think, have to wait until next autumn.

Leave a comment:

• The Saint
    replied

John

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she gets better soon.

As John and Peter can't make it, I'll probably give it a miss as well as the weather is not sounding good and it's a fairly long drive over from Essex.

I'm not sure how long the trees will keep their leaves with the mixed weather we are having, but do you want to try and rearrange for another weekend?

Simon

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Afraid I'm not going to make it either. My sinuses are playing up and that frequently leads to vertigo so I don't want to risk problems when away.

Hope the rest of you have a good day.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Afraid I won't be able to make it on Sunday. My daughter was admitted to hospital following an asthma attack on Thursday and it is taking longer than would be expected for her to fully recover, so they have kept her in for a second night. She is making progress and should be home tomorrow (Saturday), all being well, but as she still has a chest infection, which triggered the attack, I think it would be sensible for me to stay at home in case of further complications.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGG
    replied

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
    Which reminds me, need to put batteries on charge.

Simon
    Which reminds me, charge batteries but also replace the strap on the E-5 as one of the buckles has broken so that one end is threatening to come unravelled

Looking forward to meeting up

Cheers,

JohnGG

Leave a comment:

• The Saint
    replied

Sounds like my normal scenario, not sure what to take, so take everything.

Which reminds me, need to put batteries on charge.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

John

Ive got the 12-50 and a mmf3. So between us I'm sure we can keep you weathertight.

Simon
    Thanks Simon, with the mmf3 I'd have the option of using my 14-54mm. I could, of course, just bring my E-3 but then I'm back to the weight penalty. Might be worth it though if the weather really is bad, because with the 14-54mm it really is pretty much bomb proof. Hmmm, plenty to think about!

Leave a comment:

• The Saint
    replied

John

Ive got the 12-50 and a mmf3. So between us I'm sure we can keep you weathertight.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

I'm thinking close ups of raindrops on colourful autumn leaves!

The OM-D is waterproof, not so sure about be after my Tollesbury trip with John!

Probably going to be worth packing a spare change of clothes.

Simon
    Yes, the forecast is not too promising but what it will actually do is anyone's guess! My E-M5 is, of course, water resistant but my two lenses aren't, so I might need to pack an accessory plastic bag!

As much as we all dislike it, rain does often give an extra dimension to photographs and at least we should pretty much have the place to ourselves!

Good idea about the change of clothes.

Leave a comment:

• The Saint
    replied

I'm thinking close ups of raindrops on colourful autumn leaves!

The OM-D is waterproof, not so sure about be after my Tollesbury trip with John!

Probably going to be worth packing a spare change of clothes.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Never mind at least three of us have got "weatherproof" cameras.

Leave a comment:

• The Saint
    replied

The weather is not looking so good at the moment for Sunday. Although there is still time for the weatherman to change his mind!

Simon
    Last edited by The Saint; 18th October 2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: Typo correction

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

It seems we have a plan! Just need your addresses, Simon and Peter, if you could send them by PM please. Also your phone number, Simon, in case I need to contact you (I already have Peter's).

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    Yes, 8.00am is the time I had in mind. Assuming it's OK with Peter I'll pick him up about 7.45am, then we'll collect you and head down the A12 to the M25.

Hope you got some good pictures at Lakeside!
    Sounds good to me, much appreciated.
    FWIW the Google Maps thingy gives 1Hr 53m from Witham.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

After the torture today (Lakeside Shopping), I'm looking forward to a relaxing day with the camera (probably be significantly cheaper too!

John, if we are doing a 10am at the venue, guess we have got to leave here around 8am, looks like about a 90mile drive.

Simon
    Yes, 8.00am is the time I had in mind. Assuming it's OK with Peter I'll pick him up about 7.45am, then we'll collect you and head down the A12 to the M25.

Hope you got some good pictures at Lakeside!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X