Oly bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oly bags

I've just had a reply to my 3rd email saying that they have my claim for the HDL-4, which as you will have seen in the previous post is on its way, and they will process it shortly. Nice to get a reply but it's all a bit confusing.

Ian C.

Comment

Derek

www.dncphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DerekC View Post
        I'm more than happy with the response I have had from Olympus.

E-club how many people are member? Did you know it worth an extra six months warranty! 2 1/2 years warranty on your E-3.

Derek C
        I agree and yes I'm a member of the E-Club.

Richard
        In theory there's no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Comment

[QUOTE=Melaka;4052]to the UK) and I hope to get it within a few days. There are also question marks over the batteries it will take. We know from Ian that ordinary AAs don't work (they should) and we await the results of his test with Lithiums. We know also that rechargeables and CR123As don't work either, although it isn't explicitly stated that they should. In short, some aspects of the HLD4 are disappointing.

Has any decision been made on exactly which batteries work in the HLD4.
          John

Comment

I agree there is not a problem with having to wait for the items where there is a problem is the responses or lack thereof to emails. I had to send 4 emails over a period of 8 days to get any response and then the first reply was to the last email I sent. As you can see from the posts on this thread some people have had replies to emails within 24 hours where as some of us have had to wait over a week for a response. Also I have noticed that there is no relationship between when a claim is put in and when the grip is sent. All this points to disorganized management of the promotion. As far as I am concerned I have gone from having a positive attitude to Olympus as a company and being excited about getting a free grip and bag to having very little faith in them. Olympus have managed to turn a positive into a negative reaction. I hasten to add this does not affect my high opinion of the product just the customer support.

Ian C.

Comment

I know this thread was about bags, but grips do seem to surface here and there. It would seem that there is an issue with the grips and battery indication etc. so I understand that thier dispatch may have been delayed until the problem has been nailed down. It would be even worse to send them out and then do a recall.

For myself I bought the E-3 on 23/11 registered and claimed for grip and bag on the same day. Received a read receipt on 26th/11 from Kalle, but no reply.

Mailed Oly on Sun 2nd about missing DVD and received a proper reply the following day informing me who I needed to contact to have one delivered.
              Personally I would have thought that should have been dealt with internally, but either way I mailed the other address and received the DVD in double quick time, so I've no real complaint at all.

Mailed them again on Sun 16th Dec asking about bag and grip and again got read receipt the following day, this time from Andre, but no reply.

Mailed again about this and another matter some time between Christmas and new year and received neither receipt or reply.

Joined E-club on-line on 31st Dec, got auto confirmation of membership, followed by another mail saying my Maestro card had been rejected and that I should reply with my card details on the e-mail (to the imaging.news address). I reluctantly did so, but failed to get read receipt or reply.

Phoned a week later explaining that they had my account details, but that I had no read receipt and no withdrawl had been made. Transfered to another helpdesk to complete the transaction. They could not deal over the phone, but suggested I re-apply on line with a different card and bank account.
              I pointed out that I didn't want two memberships to go through, as I could see at this point that getting a refund would be even harder than paying in the first place.

Very helpful and friendly chap wrote down the e-mail address I had registered with, (the same one that my kit is registered through), but would not take membership number or name, promising to pass the note on to his colleague.
              I enquired, whilst I was on the line, if he knew anything about when the grips and bags were to be dispatched. He didn't, but would pass the query on to the same colleague as he was dealing with that too.

Currently still no debit from my account or reply from said colleague of Eric's about membership, grip or bag. I suspect the poor chap might be getting a bit snowed under with paperwork/email if he is only the one doing it.

I'll keep you posted if there is any change.

I'm pleased to say that my camera seems to keep focussed, unlike the company.
              Best Regards
              Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
              They're Watching You!

Comment

Olympus have been hit by several events, some could be foreseen and some could not.

1 The web based marketing campaign was very successful, at the LCE Digital Camera Fest in Southampton at the end of November one of the Oly reps said that they had sold two months supply in two weeks in the UK. Hence the demand for the freebies was higher than expected.

2 The weather in Europe was not very good so it took a few weeks for users to get to grips with the camera.

3 The Christmas break gave users time to explore the camera and talk over the forums to others about their findings

4 Olympus offices in Europe would be either closed or on reduced staffing level due to the holidays and the forecast demand for the cameras

5 The number of faults discovered or questions raised are very high because of the above conditions

Net result Olympus staff have been over run with issues on freebie distribution and issue handling.

Message for customers - do not buy based on a web campaign.
                This space for rent

Comment

Well, I've had some good news in the last couple of days. Warehouse Express have been in contact about my failed E3 order before Christmas and the Olympus rep has kindly agreed that I can claim the backpack promotion as the hold ups weren't of my doing.

I'm getting the E3 tomorrow morning so I'll be out with it over the weekend.

Many thanks to both Olympus and Warehouse Express for sorting things out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by brob108 View Post
                    Well, I've had some good news in the last couple of days. Warehouse Express have been in contact about my failed E3 order before Christmas and the Olympus rep has kindly agreed that I can claim the backpack promotion as the hold ups weren't of my doing.

I'm getting the E3 tomorrow morning so I'll be out with it over the weekend.

Many thanks to both Olympus and Warehouse Express for sorting things out for me.

I am really pleased for you and good shooting for the weekend. Don't forget to post some images in the gallery

PeterD

Comment

Cheers Peter for your good wishes, I'm looking forward to it after such a long wait. I'm just glad that I didn't miss out on one of the promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijay37 View Post
                        I had not realised that rechargables did not work and I have just bought an 8 cell charger and 8 Ni-MH batteries still I shouldn't run out of power for my FL 50. Sainsbbury's extra power batteries work fine in the HLD 4.
                        John
                        oops sorry these batteries only work for a few minutes!
                        John

Comment

Just arrived in e-mail

Dear customer,

Thank you for registering your interest in the new E-3 and participating in our "Backpack Promotion".

Please be informed that the backpacks will be distributed within the next two weeks.

If you have any questions or we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following address: [email protected]

We hope you enjoy your new E-3 and wish you all the best for taking great images in the future!

Kind regards,
                          Your Olympus Team

Now that's more like it Olympus

Nick
                          Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
                          www.temple-fry.co.uk

Comment

Nick

I had the same email, it's a bit of a pity that I was told the same 'within two weeks line' a week ago as well. So I will now see whether it is a week or two. I am assuming this email went to everyone who registered as I had two copies (I registered twice!) as the site froze the first time.

I wonder if I'll still be an E3 owner by then! It may have to all go back tomorrow with focus problems!

Peter
                            Peter (Art Frames)

You can see some of my things on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ijay37 View Post
                              oops sorry these batteries only work for a few minutes!
                              John
                              Unofficial indications from Olympus are that the AA battery functionality problem is due for a fix fairly soon. My only worry is that NiMH rechargeables aren't, as far as I can see, mentioned as compatible; only alkalines and Lithium type batteries. But we will find out sooner or later.

Ian
                              Founder and editor of:
                              Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                              Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                              Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                              Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                              NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info Ian. I am curious though as to what the issue might be that causes the grip to fail when used with these batteries...? Have Olympus given you any indication...?
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X