Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oly bags

Originally posted by Wreckdiver View Post
    Yes, that's the address I used. Looks like many others are getting responses now from Oly. The actual reply came from Andre: [email protected]

Steve

LOL, this is weird. I tried emailing again with read receipt set on. My email was read by Andre as I got the receipt acknowledgement but I never got a reply.

Those who have had replies should use their camera serial number for the lottery tickets!

p.s. got my reply now
    Last edited by Invicta; 10th January 2008, 02:37 PM. Reason: reply received

Comment

Peter you must be a visionary or you must have bought me a ticket because a few moments ago Ireceived this;

[email protected]
      URL: http://www.olympus-europa.com
      Registered Court: Commercial Registry Hamburg HRB 93094
      Managing Directors: Masamichi Handa, Masaharu Okubo, Masataka Suzuki

Thanks to everyone for keeping my spirits up when I started to worry about my claims for the freebies. I am so pleased that Olympus has started talking to us all.

Today we have a happy CaptainD!

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainD View Post
        Peter you must be a visionary or you must have bought me a ticket because a few moments ago Ireceived this;

[email protected]

Thanks to everyone for keeping my spirits up when I started to worry about my claims for the freebies. I am so pleased that Olympus has started talking to us all.

Cheers

Chris
        Congratulations Chris. Soon have somewhere to put the Camera etc away. Now all you need are extra batteries - probably have enough time to order them before the grip arrives.

PeterD

Comment

Hi folks

I'm new to this forum, but looking for suggestions regarding the grip and the bag. I sent of all the info required on 24th Dec, and have heard diddely squat.

I've E-mailed a further two times, phoned olympus support in Europe, and that in the UK also, but still not a peep.

Any suggestions?

Comment

[email protected]

Cheers

Chris
            Well not all of us, I've now emailed them 4 times with no response. I'm now so pee'd off with Olympus if someone asked me if I'd recommend buying Olympus I would have to say the product is great but the service is atrocious. This is a great shame as I have been an ambassador for Olympus for many years. The last independent photographic shop I managed, until it got taken over by the Incompetent Empire a.k.a. Jessops, sold more Olympus than any other brand because myself and my staff had confidence in the product and the company. I just pray that nothing goes faulty because I now have no confidence in the support given by Olympus.

Ian C.

Comment

Hi Ianc

It seems I'm not alone in my frustration at Olympus. Just an E-mail acknowledgement would be good. But, nothing.

Seems like you've been trying longer than me.

Comment

Dear Bill,

Up until an hour ago I was in exactly the same situation as you, many emails no reply. Perhaps I could suggest you email Andre directly, I did this last night having seen his email address appear on the read receipt I received. His address is in my thread above, also try setting the read receipt option when you send your email, than at least you will know it has been read. Then I am afraid you have to keep your fingers crossed and hope for a reply.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Dear Bill,

It would be easier if I gave you the email address I think!!

Andre Kellerberg

Best of luck

Chris
                  Last edited by Ian; 11th January 2008, 11:48 AM. Reason: To remove email address with respect to Andre's privacy.

Comment

Hi CaptainD

I'll give it a go, as nothing else has worked. Can it be that Olympus have just the one guy working on this??

I use macmail, and something I've never been able to figure out is how to track my message using mac mail. I'll send it anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion.

B

Comment

Dear Bill,

Up until an hour ago I was in exactly the same situation as you, many emails no reply. Perhaps I could suggest you email Andre directly, I did this last night having seen his email address appear on the read receipt I received. His address is in my thread above, also try setting the read receipt option when you send your email, than at least you will know it has been read. Then I am afraid you have to keep your fingers crossed and hope for a reply.

Cheers

Chris
                      I set the receipt for my last email, sent yesterday and it has been read by Andre but still no reply. It appears to me that wether you get a response and how quickly you get your grip is just a matter of luck.

Ian C.

Comment

It's amazing seeing the bad will that Oly is building up - for what - the cost of a few freebies!

I bet no-one's actually 'leading' on this so the buck just passes round and round and into the [email protected]@! tray that no-one dares look into

Comment

Hi folks

good news!! Just got a reply from Andre, and grip will be shipped within a few days, and the backpack will follow in the next two weeks.

I am, as you would expect, extremely happy.

Is the speed of reply to my E-mail a new record? E-mail from me 1430 UK time, and reply from Andre 1434 UK time.

Thanks to all of you who offered help. And Andre at Olympus

B.

Comment

Originally posted by ianc View Post
                            I set the receipt for my last email, sent yesterday and it has been read by Andre but still no reply. It appears to me that wether you get a response and how quickly you get your grip is just a matter of luck.

Ian C.
                            I just got my reply. There was a delay between the read acknowledgement and the reply from Oly of 3 days. It is quite possible the recipient has preview set on in their email so this would generate the auto receipt message. They must be getting lots of requests so hopefully they are working though the list in cronological order.

Could the ownes of the replies to this thread that include Andre's email address edit them so it is not an obvious email address e.g. put spaces around the @ sign There are web crawlers out there scrapping web sites for email addresses to send spam to. We would not want the Oly email addy flooded with spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Invicta View Post
                              Could the ownes of the replies to this thread that include Andre's email address edit them so it is not an obvious email address e.g. put spaces around the @ sign There are web crawlers out there scrapping web sites for email addresses to send spam to. We would not want the Oly email addy flooded with spam.

That's a good idea, I've edited mine. The link still looks the same but if you click on it it comes up in a browser window by mistake - so any web crawler will be fooled.

Steve
                              Old divers never die, they just go down on old wrecks
                              Take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but bubbles
                              My website

Comment

I've just heard that the HDL-4 has been sent out. I'm away on holiday on Saturday so I'm keeping everything crossed that it will arrive tomorrow but somehow I doubt it will. The reply was to the last email I sent so what hapend to the other 3 is anyones guess.

Ian C.

Comment

Working...
                                X