X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuiko
    replied
    Re: Dates for your Diary

I've sent a PM to all those who have expressed an interest in this meeting. Hopefully there will be seven of us, which is enough for a good interchange of ideas and some friendly banter with like minded photographers, plus the chance to see what gear others are using and learn from their techniques, without the venue being too crowded.

Having said that, I reckon there is plenty of room in the Cemetery for anyone else who wishes to join us there - hopefully just for the day!

If you would like to come it's not to late - just let me know!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

SATURDAY 16TH AUGUST

From those who have expressed a preference the concensus seems to be in favour of KENSAL GREEN CEMETERY/GRAND UNION CANAL

MY LIST SO FAR OF THOSE INTERESTED IS:-

Andrew Riddell
    andym
    HughofBardfield
    Knikki
    Shirley
    Barrie & Anne
    Me!

Could you all please
    confirm that you are still comming

AND

Can anyone else who is interested please let me know!

I SUGGEST WE MEET AT
    GRACELANDS CAFE, COLLEGE ROAD (near Kensal Green Tube Station) AT 9.00am FOR BREAKFAST (Unless anyone has a better idea!)

PLEASE NOTE - I WILL BE ON HOLIDAY FROM 27th JULY to 10th AUGUST and will follow this thread up immediately upon my return

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by j.baker View Post
    Teresa and I cannot make London on the 16th. We are going to a proms and fireworks event.

I hope you have a good day.
    And you too, John, thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Teresa and I cannot make London on the 16th. We are going to a proms and fireworks event.

I hope you have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
    John -

We will be there.

Regards. Barr1e
    That's great news!

Leave a comment:

• Barr1e
    replied

John -

We will be there.

Regards. Barr1e

Leave a comment:

• Graham_of_Rainham
    replied

What a week, I've had...

Tax bills, Parking Tickets, Dead E-3, now I've been told I have to drive to Norfolk with the two 82 year old inlaws

So I can't now make this date.

I'll be thinking of you all having fun and enjoying the photo opportunities

Regards to all

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
    We are interested John subject to the date - Is it still the 16th August?

Regards. Barr1e
    Hi Barrie,

Yes, it is still 16th August - it'll be great to see you both again if you can make it.

Leave a comment:

• Barr1e
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    Andy has pointed out on FTU that the Wetlands Centre would be best between Feb and May when the bird's plumage is at its best, so maybe we'll save this one.

For now, Kensal Green Cemetery/Grand Union Canal seems to be getting the nod.

Any other takers?
    We are interested John subject to the date - Is it still the 16th August?

Regards. Barr1e

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Andy has pointed out on FTU that the Wetlands Centre would be best between Feb and May when the bird's plumage is at its best, so maybe we'll save this one.

For now, Kensal Green Cemetery/Grand Union Canal seems to be getting the nod.

Any other takers?

Leave a comment:

• shirley
    replied

Count me in, I am happy to go wherever the majority wants.
    I had been thinking of going to the wetlands centre anyway, especially as I have just bought a 70-300, but the cemetary idea sounds good.... in fact as I said anywhere would be great.

Thanks for organising John.

Leave a comment:

• HughofBardfield
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    Some great uggestions, Hugh, particularly the Wetlands Centre. Only problem with the Zoo is we've already done Woburn and a change might do us good.
    Good point - I'd forgotten that!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by HughofBardfield View Post
    Highgate or Kensal Green would be cool. I've been meaning to go to one or the other for years. I don't know Brompton, but any of the big Victorian necropolises would have loads of photo ops. People watching should also be fun!

Not desperately keen on parks myself, but I can see the attraction. One might need to alert the security nazis at Hyde Park to avoid getting hassled , but Hampstead or Richmond might be fun. Richmond is also near Kew Gardens of course.

Rainham Marshes would be fun, as would the London Wetlands Centre in Barnes. At the proposed time last year there seemed to be a lot around, especially waders and dragonflies, according to their website.

Or how about Regents Park Zoo? Haven't been there for about 15 years. I see Group Discounts are available if there's more than 10 people...

Having been to a number of dog races (dahn the "The Stow") I can see a lot of scope for that, especially for people shots.

Another thought that strikes me is the St Katherines Dock area. I was last there several years ago, but I remember it as an area with lots of opportunities for photography.
    Some great uggestions, Hugh, particularly the Wetlands Centre. Only problem with the Zoo is we've already done Woburn and a change might do us good.

Leave a comment:

• knikki
    replied

I'd be up for the Victorian Cemeteries, just a case of getting down to London village.

Leave a comment:

• andym
    replied

Originally posted by HughofBardfield View Post
    Having been to a number of dog races (dahn the "The Stow") I can see a lot of scope for that, especially for people shots.
    I saw on the London news the other week that "The Stow"has been sold and will be as usual used for housing.
    I used to live just round the corner from it and have many memories trying to chat up girls at the nightclub(usually unsucessfully).
    A shame really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X