Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jax
    replied
    Re: I'm working on this site's sibling...

Originally posted by Thai-Mike View Post
    It is just a posting matter for me, I post here or FTU. I don't like cross-posting. FTU is more international like. This here is more UK lasted.
    Mike, you have posted some great photos on FTU and I'm not suggesting you should stop doing so.

This forum has 317 active members with FTU currently having 49 and the OS being in the process of being updated. Seems a shame not to share those excellent photos on here where they will have a much wider audience, as well as on FTU. As Graham said, we have international members on here, even a few Upside Down Aussies who also contribute and post great photos

Jax

Leave a comment:

• Graham_of_Rainham
    replied

It is just a posting matter for me, I post here or FTU. I don't like cross-posting. FTU is more international like. This here is more UK lasted.
    There are several non uk members, as this site is centred on Olympus rather than the whole FT/MFT cameras.

You are more than welcome here as well as the other sites.

Leave a comment:

• Thai-Mike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thai-Mike
    replied

Originally posted by Jax View Post
    Patience is a virtue Mike, and good things come to those who wait, or so they say

Jax
    well spoken

Leave a comment:

• Jax
    replied

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
    OK, I'm just learning FTU's quirks.
    Me too Phill and there are a few quirks to get your head round. I'm not a member as I feel one forum is enough but as this one is going to get the same update I do find it interesting.

Jax

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

OK, I'm just learning FTU's quirks.

Leave a comment:

• Jax
    replied

It is a mystery why and why it can't be fixed. I am not motivated at all anymore. I am going to wait.
    Patience is a virtue Mike, and good things come to those who wait, or so they say

Jax

Leave a comment:

• Thai-Mike
    replied

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
    Just had another look at FTU and I noticed that the latest activity tab only shows the latest topics started and not the latest posts. Is that as it's supposed to be? I'd have thought the latest activity should refer to most recent posts and leave the latest topics tab to show new topics.

If you not logged in you can see latest post. If you logged in you can't see it. It is a mystery why and why it can't be fixed. I am not motivated at all anymore. I am going to wait.

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

Just had another look at FTU and I noticed that the latest activity tab only shows the latest topics started and not the latest posts. Is that as it's supposed to be? I'd have thought the latest activity should refer to most recent posts and leave the latest topics tab to show new topics.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by mik View Post
    The main reason i would like the other site running correctly is i do my macro shots with a Panasonic G80 and Olympus 60mm and feel i shouldn't post them here.
    Not to put you off FTU, but as you are using an Olympus lens as part of your setup, posting your photos here is perfectly reasonable and to be welcomed.

If anyone tells you otherwise, point them in my direction or any of the admins

Ian

Leave a comment:

• mik
    replied

Originally posted by Jax View Post
    I totally agree with your comments about the layout of FTU being inferior to this site. However, it's just a change we have to get used to.

I think the problem is, the software previously powering these 3 sites and galleries has now become obsolete, hence the Vbulletin upgrade will be applied eventually. Just as the progression to Win 10, the upgrade is whats termed "progress" and something we have to accept, like it or not.

Personally I can't see the point in being a member of very similar forums within the same group and ownership but posts on this thread proves others feel differently.

Jax

The main reason i would like the other site running correctly is i do my macro shots with a Panasonic G80 and Olympus 60mm and feel i shouldn't post them here.

Leave a comment:

• Jax
    replied

Originally posted by DerekC View Post
    Although I am a registered user I have never been much of a user of Four Thirds User. Much prefering this site.
    I have had a look at Four Thirds User over the last couple of days and I have to say I much prefer the lay out of this site.
    I find it easy to navigate, easy to post.
    The lay out is more pleasing to the eye that the other site.

Just my opinion.
    I totally agree with your comments about the layout of FTU being inferior to this site. However, it's just a change we have to get used to.

I think the problem is, the software previously powering these 3 sites and galleries has now become obsolete, hence the Vbulletin upgrade will be applied eventually. Just as the progression to Win 10, the upgrade is whats termed "progress" and something we have to accept, like it or not.

Personally I can't see the point in being a member of very similar forums within the same group and ownership but posts on this thread proves others feel differently.

Jax

Leave a comment:

• DerekC
    replied

Although I am a registered user I have never been much of a user of Four Thirds User. Much prefering this site.
    I have had a look at Four Thirds User over the last couple of days and I have to say I much prefer the lay out of this site.
    I find it easy to navigate, easy to post.
    The lay out is more pleasing to the eye that the other site.

Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Thai-Mike
    replied

Originally posted by mik View Post
    cleared cookies for the site,it now showesme as online,

If ime not logged in though i still see the todays posts button

Capture3 by electric.mike, on Flickr

Log in and i see new topics, you could say ok but that throws up topics that are a week old and i have already seen.

Capture2 by electric.mike, on Flickr

Same her, not logged in I see the button, logged it it is gone.

Leave a comment:

• mik
    replied

cleared cookies for the site,it now showesme as online,

If ime not logged in though i still see the todays posts button

Capture3 by electric.mike, on Flickr

Log in and i see new topics, you could say ok but that throws up topics that are a week old and i have already seen.

Capture2 by electric.mike, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X