VOTE HERE for your three favourite Beauty of Winter comp entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VOTE HERE for your three favourite Beauty of Winter comp entries

If I hadn't entered, I would have judged it myself and the winner would've been known well before now....................
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Well that's another week out of the way....roll on X,mas.

Keith
      Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
      Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

By the time the result is announced the camera will have been superseded (twice!!)

Comment

Had this Private Message the other day..........
          He put it on the thread "looking for the Oldest Oly camera"........

...." if you have time to look for the oldest oly camera perhaps you could find time to look for one of the latest, the e-30 that's gone missing from the competition! - seriously, this is now getting ridiculous, -could we have a conclusion or explanation PLEASE?"
          Having just checked, i see it has been removed.
          I do not know what else to try, and i think the lack of info. is appalling. How can we get more people to add some pressure, i wonder?

Regards, XXXXXXX...i have withheld the name as I think he still has hopes of actually winning the E30...BUT so do I

I cannot think of anything else you can do XXXXXXX.As I have said I suppose it will probably predujice any chance of getting a prize.
          BUT it really should not have got this far.
          While typing this I had a bad thought...maybe the silence from a lot of the 200 or so entrants means we are the only ones who don't know whats going on.There seems to be a lot of apathy from the entrants....surely not everyone entered just for the fun of it...they must have thought they had a chance of getting a prize.
          Sorry if this has upset anyone involved with the contest...and will not be a nail in my coffin regarding the contest.
          It would be nice to know if anyone,besides the members who have commented so far,have any views about this.
          Thanks Keith and XXXXXX.
          Keith

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.

Comment

Let it lie ... if it is resurrected then we will get to hear about it otherwise there are more important things...
            chris
            shetland

Comment

The only thing I can come up with is that there is some sort of legal issue and that, as a result, Ian is unable to comment and has his hands tied.
              I have met Ian and I know he is a reasonable man so there MUST be a good reason for his silence. However it does seem odd that he is uanble to say anything, even if there is a legal issue I am sure there would be a form of words he could use, which wouldn't compromise him or anybody else and give us some idea what is happening.
              Shirley
              www.shirleyhollisenterprises.co.uk
              www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by shirley View Post
                The only thing I can come up with is that there is some sort of legal issue and that, as a result, Ian is unable to comment and has his hands tied.
                Even so, I would have thought that a message from Ian to that effect would have been the way to go.
                I also would have thought that it would be in the interests of Olympus to make a statement regarding this as I believe that they sponsor this site and have supplied the prize and to say nothing on the subject does nothing for their corporate image.

Gavin

Comment

Just to add my view this does now seem very silly although I am prepared to accept there maybe a very good answer which for some reason cannot be announced. However even an anodyne report from Ian even if only to say "wait and see" would be good.

Comment

Has anyone ever won a camera on any of these competitions? (On this or the other site). This lack of response is definitely off putting for newbies.

Comment

I wonder if - what with the exchange rate/credit crunch/restricted marketing budget - maybe Oly UK have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on financial grounds

However I fear that - having looked at the quality of our entries, they have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on artistic grounds

More rumours please

Pete
                      Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ringneck View Post
                        Had this Private Message the other day..........
                        He put it on the thread "looking for the Oldest Oly camera"........

...." if you have time to look for the oldest oly camera perhaps you could find time to look for one of the latest, the e-30 that's gone missing from the competition! - seriously, this is now getting ridiculous, -could we have a conclusion or explanation PLEASE?"
                        Having just checked, i see it has been removed.
                        I do not know what else to try, and i think the lack of info. is appalling. How can we get more people to add some pressure, i wonder?

Regards, XXXXXXX...i have withheld the name as I think he still has hopes of actually winning the E30...BUT so do I

I cannot think of anything else you can do XXXXXXX.As I have said I suppose it will probably predujice any chance of getting a prize.
                        BUT it really should not have got this far.
                        While typing this I had a bad thought...maybe the silence from a lot of the 200 or so entrants means we are the only ones who don't know whats going on.There seems to be a lot of apathy from the entrants....surely not everyone entered just for the fun of it...they must have thought they had a chance of getting a prize.
                        Sorry if this has upset anyone involved with the contest...and will not be a nail in my coffin regarding the contest.
                        It would be nice to know if anyone,besides the members who have commented so far,have any views about this.
                        Thanks Keith and XXXXXX.
                        I've just given up hope and assumed the competition isn't actually happening...

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                          I wonder if - what with the exchange rate/credit crunch/restricted marketing budget - maybe Oly UK have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on financial grounds

However I fear that - having looked at the quality of our entries, they have had second thoughts about giving a camera away on artistic grounds

More rumours please

Pete
                          I THINK THE HAMMER HAS HIT THE NAIL.

Keith
                          Keith

Comment

I'm all in favour of not rocking the boat, and giving the organisers/promoters every chance to come to a decision, but surely it wouldn't hurt to get some sort of official statement, even if it's only "there's been a delay"? This lack of information is giving Olympus a bad name, which is surely counter-productive.
                            Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

OK, so we should have been told the winner well before now but my biggest gripe with the competition was its title 'The Beauty of Winter' - much too open to any representation and maybe that's why we are still waiting. Just a thought guys...........
                              Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

I did drop Olympus a note asking whether they were having a problem wit the competition for some reason, but got the same (no) response

Si I'm going to suggest that we suggest to Ian that we gather up a group of pressed men (nautilcal not sexist term) and suggest that we ask for them to be allowed to come up with a decision

This would need to be sufficient people to allow for the fact that people will have entered themseleves and it would have to be non-volunteers (sorry Dave Benvendetta - not a personal dig noting your post above) that have proven their capability in terms of the pictures that they have posted into this forum.

This means to me that we have people like

AndyM
                                Pete Snaarman
                                Nick Temple Fry
                                John (Zukio) Perriment
                                Graham_of_Rainham

I know there are others who are eminently capable, but these are the ones I've picked out to victimise...

Regards
                                Andy
                                My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
                                4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
                                m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
                                FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
                                The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
                                http://www.shenstone.me.uk http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
                                https://vimeo.com/shenstone http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X