• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractorboy
    replied
    Re: EM-1 firmware update - November 2015

Thanks Walti,

It was indeed totally painless, including the update to my Oly 60mm macro lens.

Leave a comment:

• Walti
    replied

Originally posted by Tractorboy View Post
    Is the updating process fairly foolproof?
    As a new EM-1 user, I have never had to update my firmware before. I'm quite excited about the focus stacking/bracketing which I have been doing manually up till now.

Something to look forward to when I get home from work.
    Yes it's quite easy. Use Olympus viewer, and check that the software is up to date first... (update tab) update software it may update the viewer and it will definitely update capture.

Then plug the camera in and update the firmware, NB the camera has several options and it's "storage" you need to select on the camera! (not the little logo showing the connection from the camera to the computer, that's for capture!)

Simply use the update tab again select camera, and it will list out the firmware updates available, body and maybe lens too. I changed through all four lenses and updated two as part of this update set.

Leave a comment:

• Tractorboy
    replied

Is the updating process fairly foolproof?
    As a new EM-1 user, I have never had to update my firmware before. I'm quite excited about the focus stacking/bracketing which I have been doing manually up till now.

Something to look forward to when I get home from work.

Leave a comment:

• Walti
    replied

Just tried the in body stacking - stupidly easy to use! Even I can do it! VERY impressive!

Leave a comment:

• Walti
    replied

All nice and simple...

EM-1 updated to V4.0
    12-40 and 50-150 both updated
    Both Panny lenses checked as well (I do like the fact you can do this through the Oly software and body!)

Leave a comment:

• MargaretR
    replied

Just had email from Oly confirming v4.0 is out.

Likewise, don't have time to do it before the weekend, but looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• paullus
    replied

Well Olympus kept their promise; V4.0 is out and it's here:
    http://www.getolympus.com/upgrade

Unfortunately I've not got time to carry out the upgrade before work, something to look forward to though for later.

***Steve***

Leave a comment:

• Rafletcher
    replied

Aah ok - no I tried to install the updater from OV3. Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Originally posted by Rafletcher View Post
    Well I found that, but even after loading the updater in there (and why isn't the latest version on the website?) it didn't work. Different error though <sigh>. I just love software! I'll probably delete it all and start again :-)
    Are you checking for updates in OV3? Don't open Updater, just get whatever updates are available in OV3 & it should show you that Oly Updater 1.2.1 is available & let the update happen from there. I'm assuming OV3 will run in El Capitan? BTW, a camera can be updated with OV3 because Updater is an extension of it (as well as running standalone).

Leave a comment:

• Rafletcher
    replied

Well I found that, but even after loading the updater in there (and why isn't the latest version on the website?) it didn't work. Different error though <sigh>. I just love software! I'll probably delete it all and start again :-)

Leave a comment:

• Olybirder
    replied

If you open Olympus Viewer 3 and check for updates it should find it for you. Discussed in this thread:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40053

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Rafletcher
    replied

Hmm, I just tries (again) to download the updater, and it's dated 14/4/14, not 11/11/15. Where did you get the updater from please?

Leave a comment:

• wornish
    replied

The latest updater version released 11th Nov does work on El Capitan.

Leave a comment:

• Rafletcher
    replied

For those Mac users who have upgraded/progressed to OSX El Capitan, be aware that at the moment the Olympus updater will not work with that OS. It does work with Yosemite however. Luckily my iMac is mainly used by my wife so has a dual boot with Windows 10, and the updater does work with that too.

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Originally posted by Melaka View Post
    What, I wonder, is smooth aperture?
    May be it could just be an American misinterpretation (they speak a different language to us ) of this,
    "MF Clutch and Snapshot Focus Disable*7
    *7 Applicable lens firmware update required for MF Clutch mechanism and Snapshot Focus mechanism.
    ".

But then there is the following from the official announcement from Japan.
    8) Latest firmware for M.Zuiko Pro and Premium lenses
    Along with this latest firmware upgrade, latest firmware for the M.Zuiko Pro and Premium lenses will also be released. Aperture drive has been improved for smooth exposure control even when shooting movies in situations with sudden changes in brightness. It also supports for disabling the MF Clutch and Snapshot Focus.
    It appears to an improvement for video use then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X