EM-1 firmware update - November 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EM-1 firmware update - November 2015

This is very good news indeed. I am very interested in the focus stacking as I recently bought a 60mm macro from one of our members on this forum. I have been reading up about focus stacking and having the facility built in to the camera will be a great feature.

I will not be sorry if the newer version of the E-M1 will not be available for some time as I am still learning new ways of using this most complex and ingenious camera and now of course some additional features are being added.
    Archie

Comment

Not good news for me, as I've just sold my EM1 and was planning to keep my 12-40 and 40-150 pro's in the hope that the mk2 might do what I need..
      Might have to make a concerted effort to sell them now..!

Comment

Originally posted by ayewing View Post
        This is very good news indeed. I am very interested in the focus stacking as I recently bought a 60mm macro from one of our members on this forum. I have been reading up about focus stacking and having the facility built in to the camera will be a great feature.

I will not be sorry if the newer version of the E-M1 will not be available for some time as I am still learning new ways of using this most complex and ingenious camera and now of course some additional features are being added.
        Can I have it back please

Comment

No mention of improvements in the focusing line of things, but it could be the elephant in the room which is improved but not talked about?
          Stuff from Cuba
          More stuff from Cuba
          It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
            No mention of improvements in the focusing line of things, but it could be the elephant in the room which is improved but not talked about?
            Maybe they feel that they have done all that they can with firmware, and to make further improvements will require hardware changes?

John

Comment

True. It's not a big problem but any increase in speed would be a benefit.
              Stuff from Cuba
              More stuff from Cuba
              It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by rosco View Post
                Can I have it back please

Not till I have had a chance of trying the focus stacking!

It is a very nice lens and I was happy to get it. I am going to try it with my ancient ringflash once the necessary step-up filters arrive.

Best wishes,
                Archie

Comment

We had a talk on focus stacking at Camera Club last week and I was considering doing the computer work involved -but now simply a firmware update! Olympus just gets better and better!!
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by ayewing View Post
                    Not till I have had a chance of trying the focus stacking!
                    is there a focus stack mode now?
                    have to admit I haven't taken much notice of updates but keep thinking I should add them and reset the camera now I know it better. Notice the 'know' which is not the same as 'understand' . I generally use it like a 1980s camera; just wish it had manual wind on so I don't use so much film ..... umm; memory

How many are thinking "whats manual wind on ?

Photos by Ian Browne on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by pault View Post
                      Hi.
                      Bit more information here, which should raise excitement:http://cameras.olympus.com/stack/en/
                      Thanks for the link. Can you tell me how you were led to this link. It seems (at least from our end) that these sites are somewhat hidden from regular access unless someone else highlights it.

I can't find where you would have found the link.
                      Ross
                      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
                        Thanks for the link. Can you tell me how you were led to this link. It seems (at least from our end) that these sites are somewhat hidden from regular access unless someone else highlights it.

I can't find where you would have found the link.
                        Ross, I usually keep an eye on http://www.43rumors.com/
                        Stuff from Cuba
                        More stuff from Cuba
                        It all started here

Comment

Hi,
                          Same here and also from dpreview.com
                          Pault

Comment

Originally posted by pault View Post
                            Hi,
                            Same here and also from dpreview.com
                            Pault
                            Thanks, but I was trying to find where the link is on the Olympus pages. I finally found where they linked it on the Australian pages.

From here http://www.olympus.com.au/ I first clicked on the E-M1 image or link, then on Features & then on Versatile Shooting Modes. And in Focus Stacking section there is this link
                            OM-D E-M1 Ver. 4.0 changes insect photography forever -- see amazing photos and read Kazuo Unno's commentary finally taking me to the site you have linked to Utilising Focus Stacking and Focus Bracketing in Insect Photography.
                            Ross
                            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
                            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Hi all, am I doing something wrong here? Linked camera to iMac checked camera for full battery, checked firmware version 4 on lcd screen clicked screen camera led for firmware 3.1 led screen said just a moment screen now blank and has been for 20 mins. Nothing on the lcd screen still nothing on iMac to indicate loading? How do I know if it's loading??
                              Kind regards mike
                              pSSorry people forgot the Olympus uploaded APP now done please ignore
                              Mike
                              http://www.wingsofnature.org

Comment

New firmware not out till November.
                                Stuff from Cuba
                                More stuff from Cuba
                                It all started here

Comment

Working...
                                X