• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy Hec
    replied
    Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
    Well, I'm not giving excuses, and I can't give you more details because of things I have been told in confidence (which doesn't explain everything anyway) but there are certain issues which have kept Ian away from the forum for a while. I'm sure that things will return to normal soon, but for now let's avoid speculation.

Thanks Stephen. Hint taken!

Hec

Leave a comment:

• David Morison
    replied

I entirely agree with Stephen. The little time I have spent with Ian outside this forum have shown me what an enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking person he is and one who I am sure would not give up on anything at least without announcing his intentions. Let us be patient and I'm sure everything will become clear in the future.

David

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

Well, I'm not giving excuses, and I can't give you more details because of things I have been told in confidence (which doesn't explain everything anyway) but there are certain issues which have kept Ian away from the forum for a while. I'm sure that things will return to normal soon, but for now let's avoid speculation.

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

So does anyone know what is going on has Ian abandoned the forum? Shame if so.

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Originally posted by Grumpy Hec View Post
    Personally I have given up on this. A great shame.

Indeed I get the overwhelming sense that this forum is not favored anymore as we have not heard or seen anything from Ian for some time to the best of my knowledge, which could of course by woefully incorrect, and I feel that were it not for the good level of activity we would be closed down.

This could be paranoia on my part of course which I hope it is.

Hec
    Likewise Hec ... I noted that We hardly see any input from Ian these last 6 months ; more and more activity and Press Releases from Olympus UK come to me via Facebook and Twitter on "Events" there first and quite a few "Events" have never even appeared on here at all it is as if the Olympus e-forum is now out of the loop

and yet, time and time again, I meet people who are having problems with their M43 kit (OM-D EM-1; 5 and now 10) and I refer them to join here and search by camera body and/or lens combo and then they Fb or email me to say "Great information database and such helpful, friendly Members" ... and their problems are solved !

THIS is an AWESOME forum of many many Olympus dedicated Members exceedingly helpful and friendly of value

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy Hec
    replied

Personally I have given up on this. A great shame.

Indeed I get the overwhelming sense that this forum is not favored anymore as we have not heard or seen anything from Ian for some time to the best of my knowledge, which could of course by woefully incorrect, and I feel that were it not for the good level of activity we would be closed down.

This could be paranoia on my part of course which I hope it is.

Hec

Leave a comment:

• Barr1e
    replied

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
    A deafening silence Barr1e.
    Pardon I didn't hear that!

*Rudolf

Barr1e

Leave a comment:

• David Morison
    replied

It was with a little relief that the original date proposed was abandoned. I had planned to go on the first day and attend the promised "bun fight" in the evening. Another more urgent meeting then arose meaning it was unlikely that I could attend on any day - lucky I hadn't booked my rail tickets. However I have lots of local and family commitments so I am getting concerned that any notice given of a new date may be too short for me to attend. Very strange there is no further communication on this exhibition, I am worried it may have died a death!

David

Leave a comment:

• StephenL
    replied

Sorry Dave, but I have no more information than you.

Leave a comment:

• benvendetta
    replied

I have been wondering about the exhibition recently. With four weeks until Christmas and no communication, I suspect that it won't happen this year. Mind you, I would love to be proved wrong!

Leave a comment:

• Grimbleweed
    replied

Eerie or what......

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
    Hi -

As I don't post often here I feel out of the loop - does/has anyone heard further regarding the date of the exhibition and whose images have been chosen.

Regards. Barr1e
    A deafening silence Barr1e.

Leave a comment:

• Barr1e
    replied

Originally posted by MargaretR View Post
    Well, yes. But this admission, plus a second delay, is not exactly confidence-inducing! Perhaps I'm naive, but I would have imagined the organisational abilities of a major international imaging company to be ... better.

Fingers crossed it's third time lucky, then. Although as has been said, not too close to Christmas. Travelling to and across London during December can be a nightmare.
    Hi -

As I don't post often here I feel out of the loop - does/has anyone heard further regarding the date of the exhibition and whose images have been chosen.

Regards. Barr1e

Leave a comment:

• MargaretR
    replied

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
    Indeed, and I feel they are being very honest in saying so.
    Well, yes. But this admission, plus a second delay, is not exactly confidence-inducing! Perhaps I'm naive, but I would have imagined the organisational abilities of a major international imaging company to be ... better.

Fingers crossed it's third time lucky, then. Although as has been said, not too close to Christmas. Travelling to and across London during December can be a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• benvendetta
    replied

Is anyone really surprised that there is a delay?
    Still looking forward to it though. The RPS exhibition that I went to in Newport in the summer had DPIs being shown and it is a great way to include many more images. Hopefully they will be displayed on a decent sized monitor or using a projector. Contrary to what Graham says, I would rather view framed prints than DPIs as DPIs will only be on the screen for a matter of 10 seconds max.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X