E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E-group exhibition at the Rock Archive/Image Space at Bishopsgate

If an image is already in my member's gallery, can you tell me please how to add it to this one? Do I have to upload it afresh? I've had a trawl around the gallery pages and can't see anything obvious.

Thanks ... John

Comment

I personally struggle to upload images to the gallery. Out of all the things I use this is by far the most frustrating to upload a picture.

Flickr, Photobucket, Facebook, Twitter, 500PX and Instagram are all so simple to use without the hassle of resizing.
      Thanks
      Tim

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

I must admit I find uploading images to tie galleries very easy. I am sure that there is a tutorial here somewhere to help members.
        Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Hi to all,

I ask Ian the same question via email last week and here is his reply.

Hope it helps

Instructions

You need to go into edit mode in the gallery - look for the icon with a
          pencil graphic. Click on that (Edit Photo) and then for the drop down menu
          titled 'Copy image to' select the top category '2014 Olympus Image Space
          Exhibition Nominations' and then save.

Ian

Comment

I do concede that that the gallery is not the most impressive aspect of the site. The software we use is a commercial product called PhotoPost Pro and while it integrates very well with the forum (no need for two sets of log-ins and IDs, for example), the gallery software itself has not been developed anywhere near as much as I have hoped. There is no mobile device app support, for example.

That said, the uploading process using a Web browser is not at all difficult. However, you do need to resize your images to Web resolution before uploading. This may be a little more challenging for some but it's also simple once you know how. I recommend 900 pixels wide or 720 pixels tall for comfortable viewing on the most common screens which are around 1280-1388 pixels wide and 720-800 pixels tall.

Ian
            Founder and editor of:
            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
            NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ian. I've found all the buttons and just tried it, but it hasn't appeared in the Nominations gallery. Maybe it takes time to process it ......

John

Comment

It made it. Twice. Now to figure out how to get rid of the duplicate......

Thanks for the help. I don't have any trouble with basic image upload to the gallery, but the other functions do seem rather opaque.

John

Comment

May I suggest that titles are given to uploaded images rather than just keeping the file name. Makes it easier to reference them
                  Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Well, I takes me time but eventually . . .

I've put up three photographs into the '2014 Olympus Image Space Exhibition Nominations' gallery for consideration for the exhibition and will also upload some others to my gallery &/or Foto Fair.
                    All my photographs have been taken with the Olympus E-M1 and either using the Sigma 70-200mm APO EXII lens or the Olympus m-Zuiko 12-40mm Pro lens.

Hopefully the uploads will give an idea of the range of assignments that I have been using the E-M1 for and how well it has coped for most of what I have expected of it (apart from the current camera strap eyelet becoming detached from the camera body!).
                    I reckon that it has reached or exceeded most of my expectations and certainly its qualities hopefully are shown in some of my photographs!

Regards
                    Chris
                    If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
                    or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
                      Well, I takes me time but eventually . . .
                      I've put up three photographs into the '2014 Olympus Image Space Exhibition Nominations' gallery for consideration for the exhibition and will also upload some others to my gallery &/or Foto Fair.
                      All my photographs have been taken with the Olympus E-M1 and either using the Sigma 70-200mm APO EXII lens or the Olympus m-Zuiko 12-40mm Pro lens.
                      Regards
                      Chris
                      Ian:
                      I've now posted these and a few other photos to Foto Fair at http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...655#post298655

I also regularly post to my JustSwanningAround Facebook Page, whereby images are sent straight from camera to iPad, edited and then uploaded. The editing of these images is deliberately different normally to the straight OOC image, so may not be what you are wanting for the exhibition - however, if you see any that you think may be of use, let me know and I will upload to the Forum Gallery and / or Foto Fair.

All the best,
                      Chris
                      If I'm out I'm JustSwanningAround
                      or more often at www.facebook.com/JustSwanningAround

Comment

I've downloaded a selection from my flicker site as reduced images, resized where necessary and then up loaded here, with my original 3 submissions. I have created a new gallery under IAmFisheye called 'Exhibition Choices'.
                        Shes the main man in the office in the city
                        And she treats me like Im just another lackey
                        But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
                        And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

Half Man Half Biscuit

Comment

I am wondering how many framed prints the gallery can comfortably accommodate without the exhibition looking cramped, which we don't want.
                          Dave

Comment

What with Chemo sessions and other things I seem to have missed the deadline which is a shame as there seem very few people images in there.
                            Regards Paul.
                            One day I hope to be the person my dogs think I am.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/

Comment

As there has been no word from Ian, I guess that you could still upload three images for consideration.
                              I too am very disappointed that more members have not added to the selections. There are many more good photographers around here that are conspicuous by their absence. Maybe people just don't think their images are good enough which i am sure is not the case. In my club's upcoming annual exhibition everyone is permitted two prints of their own choice irrespective of their abilities.
                              Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave mine are not great but I thought I had left it to late will post tomorrow and leave it for others to decide!
                                Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Working...
                                X