Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joglos
    replied
    Re: Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

At last after a frantic few days, time to post . All I can say is a huge thank you to Olympus , Giffords Circus and all involved with staging the event. Completely out of all comfort zones re Photography, but it was great. I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to try the OM-d, had hoped to try after the event, but that was my fault for not rushing down in time when they said you could borrow!! I also missed the café meet up had to wait for my friend to be ready and she was going on the 12oclock timing lol.

Please please Olympus hope you have received great feedback and will be planning another. My only thoughts would be have an easy accesable area with Kit that we can handle and ask questions after the event. I was lucky enough that the person parked next to me let me have a feel of his Camera and I must admit it I think with a grip it would be a poss

Re Photos, I will post a few for your thoughts but I wont be winning any camera

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied
    Re: Olympus event - Giffords Circus, Frampton-upon-Severn on Friday 2nd August 2013

I forgot to mention how nice it was to meet some of the Forum members! We actually had a pretty good run home; slower than the journey up but to be fair, it was slap bang in the middle of the rush hour by the time we got towards the London end of the M4/m25.

Fab day, both of us enjoyed it. As for posting photos....the only reasonable ones will fall in the close up category

Leave a comment:

• Phill D
    replied

I'll second that I had a brilliant day out too. Great venue excellent company and very talented performers, shame about my photos. As a lesson in how to forget all the photographic principles in one go then it worked. I think I've managed to tick all the no-no boxes with these shots...oof, shaky blurred , cut off heads feet and other bits
    I think my editing skills will need to improve a lot to get three shots to enter in the competition. Anyway who cares it was a great experience and I did manage to confirm I need a new camera. And have some real proof now too for the management, clear clean iso 5000 shots Shirley that's just not fair It was lovely to put names and faces to some of the friends I've made on here, hope everyone got back OK. I got snarled up in the M5 traffic myself but I'm sure that's nothing to the horrors that awaited those of you who had to use the M25. Sounded pretty awful from what I heard on the radio. I really felt for you John after hearing of your 5 hour trip on the way there. So back to sorting through the shots. Maybe I'll post a few later we did say we needed a fuzzy abstract thread didn't we

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied

Well I don't know about everyone else but i had a fantastic time today. i think Olympus put on a great event, one that was unusual but really enjoyable, so all credit to them and Gifford's Circus.

Before going up I decided the prize of a camera should have my name on it
    During the afternoon I began to have doubts
    On looking at my photos tonight I knew for sure it didn't ....I'm not sure my motion (read blurred) photos were quite what they had in mind!

Personally I didn't think taking photos at a circus would be quite so hard, at least to get reasonable results. Even though I Googled taking photos at a circus beforehand, most of it went out of the window today and I think I will be deleting about 90% of them That said, it really was great fun and i learnt lots. I do like Damian McG, he is very funny and although he pretends to be full of himself, he isn't arrogant and he genuinely wants to impart his knowledge. If I have any feedback from today, it would be that it would have been useful to have a few minutes beforehand to go over camera settings that would help to get the most out of the day. That said, I will learn from the experience and try something different next time...mostly to move around a lot more!

I'm definitely going to go on another Olympus photo day though. Oh and one of the team kind of talked me out of the 9-18mm in favour of the 12mm! That really wasn't what I wanted to hear Now i am confused......

Leave a comment:

• shirley
    replied

Yes I am also looking forward to the day. I am staying at minchinghampton common so I get a lie in and breakfast cooked for me See you all tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• cariadus
    replied

Looking forward to it. See you all tomorrow 10.30 at the Stables. At least we get a relative lie-in compared to most of you!

Giffords looks fantastic, don't know why I haven't come across them before...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoQJMYudJL8"]Giffords Circus - The Saturday Book 2012 promo video - YouTube[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• PeterBirder
    replied

Hi John.

I hope you and the rest of the group members have a great day tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some very different shots, I don't recall seeing any Circus shots on here before.

I don't envy you for the early start and the trip round the M25, hope the weather is kind.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by Anne View Post
    That sounds good to me....I'm sure she will have no trouble believing you as you will be with 99 other potential Olympus lens buyers! Just order one for me please

I'm very good at hiding new stuff....I could always give you tips!
    Unfortunately Debbie is very good at finding stuff and I'm the world's worst (as in useless) liar!

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else tomorrow, Anne.

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied

That sounds good to me....I'm sure she will have no trouble believing you as you will be with 99 other potential Olympus lens buyers! Just order one for me please

I'm very good at hiding new stuff....I could always give you tips!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by Anne View Post
    Throw them in my direction....I will keep them safe for you !
    You've just given me an idea, Anne! I could max my cards on new lenses then tell my wife the cards were stolen.......

Leave a comment:

• Anne
    replied

Throw them in my direction....I will keep them safe for you !

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by joglos View Post
    For those that might need camera purchases etc , Clifton Cameras is literally just up the road

http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/
    Noooooooooooo!!

I did not need to know that! I shall throw my credit cards in the canal the minute I arrive!

Leave a comment:

• joglos
    replied

For those that might need camera purchases etc , Clifton Cameras is literally just up the road

http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by gazza95 View Post
    John, yes I plan to The Stables head first and meet folks.

Gary
    Great.

Leave a comment:

• gazza95
    replied

John, yes I plan to The Stables head first and meet folks.

Gary

Leave a comment:

Working...
X