Voting - E-System Users 2009 End Of Year Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voting - E-System Users 2009 End Of Year Challenge

Well the votes are coming in and its very interesting. Without being too analytical and swaying future votes the majority of votes are spread across quite a few photos underlining what many have already said; the choice is a difficult one.

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far.
    My RedBubble pages

Comment

Phew, what a hard choice that was whittling those great images down to 3!
      Tracey Jones

Its a shame that humans dont come with autofocus, like cameras do!

Comment

It was really, really difficult but votes have now been cast
        My Flickr Home Page

Comment

the absence of a theme doesn't help in making any assessment either - but at least the process was extremely enjoyable
          E, Pen and OM-D bodies
          43 m43 and legacy glass
          loads of flashes and accessories from all the systems

Comment

You're right photo_owl.

The idea spawned from something I saw on another site. There wasn't a theme for a competition and as a result the quality of the pictures was superb. This made viewing the entries extremely enjoyable, and it really didn't matter who won.

I hope 1) everyone enjoys viewing the pictures whether or not they vote and 2) it inspires people this year and encourages them to enter next year.

I have certainly enjoyed viewing a great set of photos and despite work needed, I'd put my hand up to run it again (if no one else wanted to) next year.

Graydon
            My RedBubble pages

Comment

Just voted..........glad thats out of the way as I usually deliberate over these things so long that I end up running out of time...LOL

Keith
              Keith

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

E500,E510 now dead,E520 (now retired),E600 and Grip,14-42,14-45,2x40-150,Sigmas 105 and 135-400 Now Dead..ex 25. Manfrotto 190. Plus lots of OM stuff.
              Now also 4 items from the dark side...........

Comment

Well, the votes are still coming in but at long last a few are surfacing from the pack. It's all very exciting.

### Calling all the new people just joined the forum. Please don't be shy or hold back. Have a look at the pictures and PM me! ####
                My RedBubble pages

Comment

Another set of votes came in last night and has made it even more exciting. And to think I won't be able to declare a winner until the last weekend in January!

Keep them coming this weekend.
                  My RedBubble pages

Comment

presumably you could declare a winner before that if every registered forum member had voted before then.....

has anyone NOT voted?
                    E, Pen and OM-D bodies
                    43 m43 and legacy glass

Comment

Originally posted by photo_owl View Post
                      presumably you could declare a winner before that if every registered forum member had voted before then.....

has anyone NOT voted?
                      I like your thinking, but I know you're not being serious.

May be next year the voting time can be cut down? For health reasons if nothing else!

I am confident I can turn around the things I need to do quite quickly.
                      My RedBubble pages

Comment

Originally posted by photo_owl View Post

has anyone NOT voted?
                        Patience, patience (is a virtue!). Is it really likely that with 1,235 registered members, all will have voted by now, or even will by 31st January.

Actually, it would be interesting to know what the stats are as, if 92 photos were submitted to the Challenge and each member could send three photos, only thirty to forty members entered (or at the most 92!). That's between 2.4% and at the most, 7.5%.

When it's all over, it'll be interesting to know what percentage of members voted.

Knowing that my chances of winning are negligable, I am quite happy to wait until Graydon is happy to publish the results after the 31st., having checked, double checked and consumed all the necessary alcoholic refreshments which he will no doubt need to perform his commendable duty.

Bob
                        Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
                        GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Indeed Bob - I was just trying to come up with something more than "bump"....

I too will be facinated in a whole load of the stats around this endeavour. I find the approach of another regular 'challenge' of both permitting 'honorable mentions' and posting the complete scores for all images particularily useful in understanding what people (in general) are seeing, and looking for, when viewing/scoring.
                          E, Pen and OM-D bodies
                          43 m43 and legacy glass

Comment

Bob... should I drink the alcohol BEFORE counting or should I go get some more?!?!

So far, from the Members list page I see 1192 members. 22 Members have voted so far. There are 89 pictures (not 92 - remember the little incident with the three duplicates I told you to forget?) submitted by 31 entrants. This means that 1.85% of the userbase has voted, and 2.6% of the userbase has entered. Of course I do not know how active the userbase is and I haven't the data to analyse how many people were actually in the userbase at the time of the challenge. Despite the small percentages I still think it's a brilliant response, and all the entrants and voters have been very enthusiastic and supportive.

Obviously lots more people can still vote if they wish ( e.g. 1170 other registered users, including the remaining 29% of the competition entrants)

.... I think I'll go get that drink now Bob!

Regards

Graydon

PS I didn't have enough fingers and toes to do the maths properly so treat the above with appropriate caution
                            My RedBubble pages

Comment

Graydon............if you weren't so far away I'd buy it for you!

Bob
                              Bob

To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
                              GEORGE ORWELL

Comment

Hey Graydon - I will be voting soon...
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X