July Challenge change.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Challenge change.......

The present wide angle Challenge has very many excellent submissions. I note that many are landscapes. The July Challenge is Landscape, which I am seeing will be a repeat of the wide angle in many ways.

Thus I propose we change July's challenge to the "Frozen" subject as in September.

We only have a couple of days to sort this, can you give opinions on whether to change, and if so if the Frozen subject is OK, or, if you can propose and alternative subject.

Frozen seems quite good as the sports season is well under way, not that the subject has to be anything to do with sports.....

TIA

Mark j

Re: July Challenge change.......

Sounds good to me, particularly as we're in the beginnings of a heat wave!
    Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Good idea, Mark. Frozen sounds fine.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Frozen in July ? Why not!
        Paul
        E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
        flickr
        Portfolio Site
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by pdk42 View Post
          Frozen in July ? Why not!
          Your interpretation entirely Paul, look in your fridge...………………

Yes I should have seen it coming....an administrative cock -up I suppose...……….

You are welcome to suggest an alternative...………, or resist and stay with landscape...…………….

We could make it "OPEN" of course if others have prepared landscapes.

Dim Problemio as we say in Wales...…………..

Comment

Given the unprecedented heat wave in Europe at present (45.9 in Southern France today - unbelievable), I'd say that frozen would be a suitable topic for us.
            Paul
            E-M1ii, Pen-F and too many lenses
            flickr
            Portfolio Site
            Instagram

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                FrozenInterpret as you wish
                Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                Frozen (As in Action)
                Updated 15/03/2019
                These two statements seem to be ad odds with each other. Can I only submit a picture of the inside of my freezer if there is some action going on in there?
                Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by OM USer View Post
                  These two statements seem to be ad odds with each other. Can I only submit a picture of the inside of my freezer if there is some action going on in there?
                  What's your freezer like

You can submit any picture you like, the rest of us will decide how good the photo is and vote accordingly.

When thinking of "Frozen (in Action)" I think we were leaning towards sports type photos, or birds in flight or otherwise..but you can interpret as you wish...

Sorry to change the Challenge, but I now see the Wide Angle subject has many Landscapes, which was July's subject.....

Comment

Working...
                  X