Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Woven Plastic Spoons

I used a polarization gel that can be bought online. I put the gel on a light table, then put the plastic item on it and use a polarized lens. The stresses in the plastic cause the interesting patterns, which I found out when looking at the spoons. The nice patterns were caused by imperfections (bubbles) in the plastic spoon handles. I also used colored plastic spoons (red, blue and yellow), which brought in a lot of extra color.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Great stuff Danny, I always enjoy looking at things a bit different and imaginative.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• shirley
    replied

I enjoy this image a lot. Its very different and the colours are amazing. How do you do this?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks for all the feedback. Graham, I shot around 50 images with different angles and weave patterns. I had a couple that did not have any clipped spoons, but I didn't like the more vertical angle of the image. It seemed I couldn't get a good angle with everything in and not have something clipped. It's the old compromise going on, and I appreciate your appraisal of it. I asked my wife about the clipping of the spoons, and she thought that it gave it a feeling that the pattern continued on and on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

That is a nice piece of digital art, the pattern is very pleasing to the eye, and the variation of colors sets the whole image off.

Best regards Paul

Leave a comment:

• Graham_of_Rainham
    replied

The only critique I have is the cliping of the spoon on the top right and the inclusion of the tiny bit of another on the top left. Otherwise, this is excellent.

Leave a comment:

• JohnGG
    replied

Beautiful colours there and I like the composition

Every time I see pictures of polarised plastic things I decide that I must have a go myself but I never seem to get around to it

Cheers,

JohnGG

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Woven Plastic Spoons

Woven Plastic Spoons

Found some colored plastic spoons and put them in a weave pattern. I used a polarization gel with a polarize lens, and Walla.

Working...
X