HDR Lilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR Lilies

My first attempt at HDR ever, and i know that its not the correct subject but all i need to know is, that this image is acceptable or not.
    I have tried not to go OTT with the colors, not to make it look to artificial.

C+C welcome

Best regards Paul
    Last edited by Bonsaidad; 5th August 2009, 07:23 PM.

Re: HDR Lilies

It doesn't really look HDR to me. The biggest problem that I see is the extremely dark stamens - they should be a lovely deep red with green stems. The lily looks very odd as it is.
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Yes Dave the stamens are a problem, but this image is made up of three shots -1, 0, +1, i did not want to go over the top with the color.

I have lightened the stamen in the original image, but the next time i shoot flowers for HDR i will make sure the stamen if any are clearly visible

Best regards Paul

Comment

You may want to look at dealing with the repeating pattern that is such a distraction in the bottom RH corner. I looks like something has been cloned several times.

I find the "Posterised" blue on the underside of the petals is off putting, with the sharp pointed leaf to the left another distraction...

Listening to a Top Judge the other day he said: "flowers need to perfectly represent what they are in every respect" He went on to explane at length what was ment by this, but the bottom line was Don't mess with nature

Graham

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
          You may want to look at dealing with the repeating pattern that is such a distraction in the bottom RH corner. I looks like something has been cloned several times.

I find the "Posterised" blue on the underside of the petals is off putting, with the sharp pointed leaf to the left another distraction...

Listening to a Top Judge the other day he said: "flowers need to perfectly represent what they are in every respect" He went on to explane at length what was ment by this, but the bottom line was Don't mess with nature

Yes i fully agree Graham, nature should not be messed about with but this was the only victim available at that particular moment.
          I tried cloning out the helping hand that the stem was clamped in, obviously making a pigs ear of it as i am still new to PS elements, but the BG is the original card with no fill whatsoever.
          I normally photograph any flora with a black BG making them pop out for the viewer, but i wanted a change.
          I will go back to PS and see if i can improve the cloning job.

Thanks for the comments and advice.

Best regards Paul

Comment

Working...
          X