picture mode i enhance standard
    iso 320
    image stabillizer off
    metering mode
    gain control high grain up
    time 5.30

thank you so much

Re: o why my pic is grainy

It doesn't appear particularly grainy or noisy on my screen, however there is some smoothing of detail in the shadows so maybe the camera applies a fair amount of noise reduction in iauto mode. Matters cannot be helped by a very low file size of 180kb for a 2000 x 1500 pixel image. The main problem with this picture is that it is severely under exposed - try to lighten it and I suspect you really will see some noise then! I would avoid iauto as it limits much of the control you have.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

thank you . i shoot photos in this location with iso and some photo i used m mode. i dont see much grainy in m mode photos . o but its have other problem because i am beginner .

Comment

I think you will learn more as a beginner by using your own judgement of exposure, based on the image shown in your E-M5 viewfinder.

Auto modes can work in ordinary mid-day conditions but when you try something more interesting, you need to make your own judgement and explore the effects of taking several shots at different exposures and then choosing the best.

Digital cameras are great for learning, because you can see all the exposure data and learn what settings do and do not work. Then simply delete the poor ones.

Good luck.
        Mike
        visit my Natural History Photos website:
        http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Noise/grain is not just iso based, image/PP/exposure and intended presentation form are all relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeOxon View Post
            I think you will learn more as a beginner by using your own judgement of exposure, based on the image shown in your E-M5 viewfinder.

Auto modes can work in ordinary mid-day conditions but when you try something more interesting, you need to make your own judgement and explore the effects of taking several shots at different exposures and then choosing the best.

Digital cameras are great for learning, because you can see all the exposure data and learn what settings do and do not work. Then simply delete the poor ones.

Good luck.
            thank you.

Originally posted by mik View Post
            Noise/grain is not just iso based, image/PP/exposure and intended presentation form are all relevant.
            can you explain what is intended presentation form

Comment

Originally posted by maload View Post
              thank you.

can you explain what is intended presentation form

What you will do with the finished product, if its on a forum and you think the noise is a problem keep the size down to 1024 on the long side, noise will still be there but not so much in your face.
              An example at iso 5000, noise is still present but it would be a lot more obvious in a larger print.

P4280216 by electric.mike, on Flickr

Comment

Grain is also less noticeable in a print, because the ink dots merge slightly.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                  Grain is also less noticeable in a print, because the ink dots merge slightly.

Jim
                  thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X