Leave in or take out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave in or take out?

What do you guys think? Leave in the con trail or not? Or any other comments too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Re: Leave in or take out?

Take it out, then decide...

The sun is a bit yellow, you might try and add orange it a bit. Like the foreground etc...

Comment

Take it out.
      John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Take it out

Comment

Take the shot again without the contrails if that's your wish. But it all depends what you're going to do with the image. If to sit on a hard drive and looked at now and again, why bother? If to be printed had displayed I can see the point of photo manipulation.

I think it would look different almost unique if you selectively made the contrail a complimentary colour, ie blue.
          Steve

on flickr

Comment

If we assume that the subject is the sunset, then the contrail is a distraction and I would take it out I'd probably also crop the LHS from just outside the two trees.
            Mike
            visit my Natural History Photos website:
            http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Take it out. It draws my eye too much.
              Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Quick and dirty, cropped it off and cropped the LHS a bit too. Better?

Comment

Steve, valid point. To be honest it was just a quick dash out to catch a sunset so I wasn't planning anything specific for the image. I just though the trail sort of complemented the lines in the fields so wondered about leaving it in, hence asking for thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                    Steve, valid point. To be honest it was just a quick dash out to catch a sunset so I wasn't planning anything specific for the image. I just though the trail sort of complemented the lines in the fields so wondered about leaving it in, hence asking for thoughts.
                    Much prefer your cropped version It was an interesting thought about complementing the lines in the field. I don't think it worked here because the contrail is very prominent whereas the field lines are subdued.
                    Mike
                    visit my Natural History Photos website:
                    http://www.botanicdesign.co.uk/Natur...story/home.htm

Comment

Nice image, much improved by removing the contrail.

Dave

Comment

Much improved with it out.
                        Dave

My Flickr

Comment

I was going to say take it out but the cropped version is good.
                          Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                          Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                          Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                          Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                          Learn something new every day

Comment

I was going to suggest cropping (rather than editing) it out - then I saw that you already thought of that. I think the cropped version is better.

Comment

Crop version better imo

Comment

Working...
                              X