Where the sun dont shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the sun dont shine

I thought I'd branch out from the close ups today. I took these two pictures and was struck by the lighting. Should have taken them in raw and could have played with exposures. Does it make an interesting photo or have I tunnel vision?

John
    John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Re: Where the sun dont shine

Nice dappled lighting in the first but really needs some human interest. Maybe someone the light at the end of the tunnel - wearing red even. A shot at the longer end of the 50-200 would have retained some of the dappled sunlight and probably made a more pleasing image. Just my opinion you understand.
    Dave

E-M1 Mk2, Pen F, HLD-9, 17, 25, 45, 60 macro, 12-40 Pro, 40-150 Pro, 12-50, 40-150, 75-300, MC-14, MMF-3 (all micro 4/3rds), 7-14 (4/3rds), 50, 135 (OM), GoPro Hero 3, Novo/Giottos/ Manfrotto supports. Lowepro, Tamrac, Manfrotto, and Billingham bags.

External Competition Secretary, Cwmbran PS & Welsh Photographic Federation Judge

Comment

Originally posted by benvendetta View Post
      Nice dappled lighting in the first but really needs some human interest. Maybe someone the light at the end of the tunnel - wearing red even. A shot at the longer end of the 50-200 would have retained some of the dappled sunlight and probably made a more pleasing image. Just my opinion you understand.
      Thanks Dave I value all opinions. I had not thought of trying to compose such a shot at the time but I think your human interest would have made this far more interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

ps If there had been a lady in red I am not sure I would taken the picture!

John
      John

OM-D E-M1, 12-40 f2.8 Pro, Tamron 14-150mm f5.8, E5, E3, Zuiko 50-200mm SWD, Zuiko 12-60mm SWD, Zuiko ED 70-300mm f5.6, 50mmf2, Zuiko ED 9-18mm f5.6, Sigma 50-500mm f6.3, EC14, EC20, RM-1, VA-1

Comment

Yes, agree to the human interest thing. Or even a dog or cat.

I'm also thinking, if you look at the viewpoint of the second image, if you turn a little to the right, that row of trees looks nicely lined up and very even. Maybe also the left row is tidy enough, I don't know, it looks a little messier . Anyway - you could use a little wider angle or just look a bit more to one side and get a diagonal of the trees and the road leading into the light. Choose the side that has the best row of trees. Then - (Benvendetta and Tordan taught me this ) if it's the left hand row of trees, you leave it with the leading lines leading from the lower left to the light patch in the upper right Or - if the other row of trees looked better - use that row and flip the photo accordingly in postprocessing.

I've been struck by similar lighting situations, they are so attractive. I think you've exposed really nicely.
        -----------
        Cathrine

sigpic

My photoblog: http://csspikkerud.zenfolio.com/blog
        My gallery: http://csspikkerud.zenfolio.com/

My book on Viovio

Comment

Originally posted by Cathrine Spikkerud View Post
          Yes, agree to the human interest thing. Or even a dog or cat.

I'm also thinking, if you look at the viewpoint of the second image, if you turn a little to the right, that row of trees looks nicely lined up and very even. Maybe also the left row is tidy enough, I don't know, it looks a little messier . Anyway - you could use a little wider angle or just look a bit more to one side and get a diagonal of the trees and the road leading into the light. Choose the side that has the best row of trees. Then - (Benvendetta and Tordan taught me this ) if it's the left hand row of trees, you leave it with the leading lines leading from the lower left to the light patch in the upper right Or - if the other row of trees looked better - use that row and flip the photo accordingly in postprocessing.

I've been struck by similar lighting situations, they are so attractive. I think you've exposed really nicely.
          Thanks for your comments Cathrine. I like the idea of a diagonal line using the trees.

There is a path that cuts through the tunnel which is very popular with dog walkers. Next time I am around there I'll try and coax them to doing a composed shot not sure if it should be walking away or towards.

Thanks for the replies and looking.

John
          John

Comment

Working...
          X