• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not another 'Painted Lady'

E-M1 Mkll + 12-100mm Pro.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h58uCP]

Re: Not another 'Painted Lady'

Beautiful. Let me just delete my phots lol.

Comment

Must admit, I'm finding that I am using my 12-100 Pro for macro more than I'm using my Oly 60mm macro lens. Possibly because it means that I only need to carry my 75-300ii and the 12-100Pro rather than all three lenses.

The 12-100 Pro is so versatile.

Comment

Very well done.
        Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
        Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
        Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
        Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
        Learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
          Must admit, I'm finding that I am using my 12-100 Pro for macro more than I'm using my Oly 60mm macro lens. Possibly because it means that I only need to carry my 75-300ii and the 12-100Pro rather than all three lenses.

The 12-100 Pro is so versatile.

Have you tried adding an extension tube or two between lens and body, they'll give just a bit of added magnification.

Also a tube used with the 75-300 will give long-----------range close ups. A much maligned and underrated lens is the 75-300 ll IMVHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post
            Have you tried adding an extension tube or two between lens and body, they'll give just a bit of added magnification.

Also a tube used with the 75-300 will give long-----------range close ups. A much maligned and underrated lens is the 75-300 ll IMVHO.

Thanks for the tip, Dave, that sounds interesting.

Any advice regarding tubes (fully auto) and best size for each lens or is it just trial and error.

Yes, I agree, that 75-300 is really a nice lens and has given me some great pics.

Comment

Does an extension tube between the 60mm f2.8 macro and the camera affect the ability to use the in camera focus stacking function?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB View Post
                Does an extension tube between the 60mm f2.8 macro and the camera affect the ability to use the in camera focus stacking function?

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57421259

Apparently not

Comment

Originally posted by Dave in Wales View Post

That's what I've just been reading, and another thread describing how a teleconverter, plus tubes can be used to stack. Plus the mc-14 and mc-20 can be joined with with extension tubes for moon pics as recent post on this forum. Maybe something to play with waiting for this endless rain to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidB View Post
                    That's what I've just been reading, and another thread describing how a teleconverter, plus tubes can be used to stack. Plus the mc-14 and mc-20 can be joined with with extension tubes for moon pics as recent post on this forum. Maybe something to play with waiting for this endless rain to stop.

Comment

And according to https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4428158 , the cheapo Fotga tubes are better than expensive Kenko ones if connecting to an mc-14

Comment

Working...
                      X