Noosa - Happy snappy tourist shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noosa - Happy snappy tourist shots

Noosa is a very up-market holiday resort town about 150km north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I take a drive up there every six months to get my car serviced, as I was / am very happy with the service of the dealer from which I bought it.

While the car is being serviced, I usually take a wander around taking photos......

Just over a week out from the official start of summer.

Looking northwards along the northern part of Noosa Main Beach towards Noosa North Shore. No sign of smoke from fires and so that big one on Noosa North Shore must be either out or nearly out. That fire was just to the left of the photo and so I would have expected a bit of brown stuff in the air.

Credit and thanks to the firies.

And even the bush turkeys are stepping out...

The pavement cafes in Hastings Street (Noosa's main shopping street) are open for brekkie.

Just over a week before the official start of summer and the weather is looking good. At 8:14am.

Taken from the walkway leading to the Noosa National Park.

9:57am and lots more bathers are now down for a swim. Must be "schoolies".

And yes, there are gondolas here.

And the blooms are blooming. (or, as an old Army mate of mine said "Stating the bloody obvious. - Typical of an officer!")

Aah! Idyllic! I took this one just because I liked the view. That is the Noosa River at the top of the photo.
    Larry

Cameras: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II, Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Flash: Olympus FL-50R
    Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Re: Noosa - Happy snappy tourist shots

Looks particularly inviting on a cold and wet November day in England.
    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
      Looks particularly inviting on a cold and wet November day in England.
      That's why I posted it here. We have been having a bit of a rough time here with very dry weather and bushfires. There has been a particularly big and worrisome bushfire at Noosa North Shore and there has been a bit of a brownish / reddish tinge to the sky over most of South-Eastern Queensland for the past few weeks.

And then the wind turned and a cooler and cleaner sea breeze started blowing. Friday, the day when I went up to Noosa was a real "pearler". - Clear sky, only a very slight breeze and temperatures in the mid-20s Celsius. Noosa was a great place to be.
      Larry

Lenses: Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-100mm f/4.0 IS PRO, Olympus MMF-3 adaptor, Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD, Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-45mm 1:3.5-5.6, Olympus Zuiko Digital 40-150mm 1:3.5-4.5, Olympus Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 1:4-5.6, Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm f4.0-6.3 ASPH

Comment

Comment

Mark,

I am what is usually called "a South African born Australian". I served about two and a half years in the South African Army in the Corps of Engineers. - I was a sapper. Supplying services such as sewage and water to the camps, building camps and roads, sweeping the roads for landmines and wandering around southern Angola looking for weapons and landmine caches. - We didn't find any, but I also didn't lose any men.
          Larry

Comment

Originally posted by griffljg View Post
            Mark,

I am what is usually called "a South African born Australian". I served about two and a half years in the South African Army in the Corps of Engineers. - I was a sapper. Supplying services such as sewage and water to the camps, building camps and roads, sweeping the roads for landmines and wandering around southern Angola looking for weapons and landmine caches. - We didn't find any, but I also didn't lose any men.
            Gosh, I have African links, Tanganyka at the time, I was born there. Also a Sapper in the Survey Regiment UK.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
              Gosh, I have African links, Tanganika at the time, I was born there. Also a Sapper in the Survey Regiment UK.....

Wow! Our survey regiment was 47 Field Survey. They started off as a squadron, but I think they were later upgraded to a regiment. After National Service, I did call-ups with 11 Field Engineer Regiment. If you ever look up the units in the South African Engineer Formation, we were the ones with a "Ferrari" sign on our shoulder flashes. - A prancing house!! I kid you not!

My Australian great uncle was in South Africa when WWI broke out and joined the South African Army. He spent most of the war in German East Africa (Tanganyika - now most of Tanzania) chasing after the wily German Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck, whom they never caught. He never returned home, dying of blackwater fever in Tanganyika in 1919.
              Larry

Comment

Time well spent as your car was being serviced! Brings back poignant memories of my two visits to Noosa, Larry.
                The first at age 6 with my parents, my dad was attending a tobacconist's conference, the second at 50 something
                with a girlfriend, with whom on a moonlit night on the beach .... well, it's a long story, I shall leave it there.
                My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                  Time well spent as your car was being serviced! Brings back poignant memories of my two visits to Noosa, Larry.
                  The first at age 6 with my parents, my dad was attending a tobacconist's conference, the second at 50 something
                  with a girlfriend, with whom on a moonlit night on the beach .... well, it's a long story, I shall leave it there.
                  And Mark was, no doubt, totally honourable.
                  Larry

Comment

Idyllic shots.
                    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                    Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                    X