Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Kite with E-M1 M2 3.0FW CAF

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
    Blimey! Is that the whole frame? I guess it'll be more sensitive to the effect as the amount of sensor covered increases.
    Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
      Fairly funky effect!
      Fairly funky? Downright psychedelic! Did you notice at the time, or just when you reviewed back at home?

Mark, thanks for your example but I'm not sure what it shows. The distortion of the shape of the sun?

John

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
        Fairly funky? Downright psychedelic! Did you notice at the time, or just when you reviewed back at home?

Mark, thanks for your example but I'm not sure what it shows. The distortion of the shape of the sun?

John
        John it was taken at home, noticed it straightaway though as I was trying out by the pro capture feature to see what I could get...

When the wing speed matched the shutter speed it was quite predictable.
        Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
          Thanks Tord, Mark, for the offer. I would certainly be interested to see what it looks like even though I am unlikely to encounter it in the sort of stuff I do.

John
          Here is an example, Great White Pelicans, first photographed while feeding and then taking off some 15-20 minutes later.

The photos are taken at 1/2000 s, using the electronic shutter since I was using my 700mm refractor scope and wanted to mitigate vibrations to a minimum.
          First photo is on a static subject.
          Second photo is taken while panning to follow the birds as they were taking off. When doing so missed to use the mechanical shutter in the heat of the action. As you can see the static background is slanting, at approximately 10 degrees. Had I used longer shutter speed the effect would have been even more pronounced.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Thanks Tord. And now I know what we're looking for, the effect in Mark's first photo is obvious, too.

Isn't this what happens with focal plane shutters like we had in film days?

John

Comment

Great examples guys and excellent birding shots too, funky or not I liked them all
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Stunning images Tord.
                Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                X