Blue tit providing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue tit providing

Me located indoors, operating the E-M1 Mark 2 using the smartphone app. Camera placed at around 2 meters from nest box, concealed in our greenhouse. The traffic was intense with both parents making frequent visits providing for the young.

After some trial and error I stopped down to F/5.6 giveing 1/2000s, compromise between i) having enough depth of field since the trajectory was unpredictable except from when they were going in for landing and ii) shutter speed fast enough to try to freeze the motion. I was able to anticipate the action and press the button in time. In retrospective I should probably have used shorter focal length and gone all out for 1/8000s but I didn't want the camera to be too intrusive.

The young have now fledged, all nest boxes in my garden are silent, next attempt would have to wait a year or so.

Cheers
    Tord

My Gallery on 500px

Re: Blue tit providing

Nice ones Tord. Were these AF or manual pre-focussed?
    Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
    Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
    Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
    Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
    Learn something new every day

Comment

These are with MF.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

Comment

Thanks,

Agree that colors are blown as result of: Angle of light (side), harsh afternoon light, a bit of exposure and worse, incorrect settings when developing.

My idea was to create a sequence by cropping and stitching crops into one picture. To ease the stitching I intentionally applied the same development settings on all frames however never finished the job and when uploading to the forum I used a set of photos which were meant for something else.

My Gallery on 500px

Comment

I like them. The first is an easy winner for me.

Comment

Working...
            X