Who Pays the Ferryman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Pays the Ferryman

Well, if it's a Saturday or Sunday and you happen to be a Senior (like yours truly),
    then you travel from Stony Point across Westernport Bay to Phillip Island for FREE!

With a deft flick of her wrist, we're untethered and away ...

With the deck vibrating beneath one's feet the Naturaliste is headed eastwards to Cowes on Phillip Island ...

Of course if you own a yacht then you don't need to rub shoulders with plebs, you sail across ...

... at 22 knots the trip takes an hour, but the plebs arrive first ...

The passengers debark and the cute young deckhand flashes the photographer a smile, who wishes he was thirty again!

Turquoise waters fringe the island's pristine beaches on a perfect 18C summer's day - such is Cowes.

... as Skyboarders rise upwards on twin jets of water from out of the sea!

At this point I should mention that these last two images were shot with the XZ-2, the others were shot with the phone. I regretted leaving my M5 Mkii at home.

It's mid afternoon, the ferry is back, time to go home, and the cute young deckhand is as cute as ever!

My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
    The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
    On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Re: Who Pays the Ferryman

Thanks Mark, and tell me about it!

Oh btw, there are a few other shots besides that you probably missed ...
      My Flickr

Comment

It put me in mind of another cute ferryboat deckhand on the Parramatta River cruise in Sydney a couple of years back.

Aside from being extremely fit, I've no idea as to what other qualifications a deckhand might need for the job.
        Australia ranks alongside India, Pakistan, and the UAR as among the most misogynist countries on earth.
        MJ224, Beagletorque, puhleeze, inappropriate suggestions are not needed ...
        My Flickr

Comment

A nice set and good documentary of the trip.

(and I'm proud of myself for managing to not mention the cute ...ah, [email protected])

Comment

Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
            A nice set and good documentary of the trip.
            (and I'm proud of myself for managing to not mention the cute ...ah, [email protected])
            I appreciate your admirable restraint, Keith.
            Thanks.
            My Flickr

Comment

I first read the name of the boat as "Naturiste" and began to wonder what sort of island you were off to visit and what the rest of the photos might reveal...

Thank you for another insight into life on the otherwise of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Willom View Post
                I first read the name of the boat as "Naturiste" and began to wonder what sort of island you were off to visit and what the rest of the photos might reveal...

Thank you for another insight into life on the otherwise of the world.
                I hadn't considered any other connotation to the name, "Naturiste" other than the wholesome promise it holds.
                My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by pandora View Post
                  I hadn't considered any other connotatation to the name, "Naturiste" other than the wholesome promise it holds.
                  Are you slipping Mark…………….

Not like you...

Comment

It was the phone's fault, Mark ...
                    My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X