Enjoying the simplicity of the XZ-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoying the simplicity of the XZ-1

Went for a short walk this morning, barely a mile and more of a stroll really. For me, however, it was hard work! Had my XZ-1 in my pocket and enjoyed snapping spring blossoms and light and shade, with one distant view thrown in for good measure - even though it wasn't the best of light!

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Re: Enjoying the simplicity of the XZ-1

Nice photos John.

Especially like the shady grave stones................

Proves its the eye, not the camera.................

Comment

I love them. You certainly have the eye for great photos with these scenes.

Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

In this heat, are you mad!

Nice shots all the same.
        Stuff from Cuba
        More stuff from Cuba
        It all started here

Comment

Great selection for a short walk, John - as we in the UK are so unused to good strong sunlight, I have had a few disasters recently. Unlike many on this site, I prefer to use a very unsophisticated program as my love of photography is in the taking of the pix and the locations! I am sure I could rescue some if I wanted to spend more time on the pc. You have done very well with the light and shade and I very much like the view of the farmstead.

Regards,
          Ann1e

Comment

You've made really good use of the available dynamic range in that sensor.

[cracked_record_mode = ON]

I do wish Oly could be persuaded to produce a really small m4/3-sensored version of an XZ-style point-and-shoot...
            Regards,
            Mark

------------------------------
            http://www.microcontrast.com
            Too much Oly gear.
            Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
            Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
              You've made really good use of the available dynamic range in that sensor.

[cracked_record_mode = ON]

I do wish Oly could be persuaded to produce a really small m4/3-sensored version of an XZ-style point-and-shoot...
              Yes, the DR is noticeably less than on the E-M5 I used to own. I agree that a compact with 4/3 sensor would be very desirable.
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by drmarkf View Post
                Good point Mark. I wonder how the latest in the Tough series stack up? After all, if it's good enough there is no reason the sensor has to be any particular size.

John

Comment

What a wonderfully fine spring day to take the XZ1 for a walk. I love your sunny pictures, John. You haven't lost your keen photographer's eye.
                  My Flickr

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
                  The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
                  On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Comment

Lovely shots John. I'm sure that little XZ has a good home. It's a good point about putting a m4/3s sensor in a compact, wish they'd do it for an XZ-1 and a Stylus 1. Sort of like Panasonic have done already Come on Olympus let's have some competition.
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Nice set. A similar concept to the Panasonic LX100, from Olympus, is long overdue. They could call it the Trip.

Comment

Nice set see John
                        The XZ-1 is a great little camera I am missing mine having switched to a Sony RX100iii and giving the XZ-1 to my daughter.
                        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Originally posted by Bikie John View Post
                          Good point Mark. I wonder how the latest in the Tough series stack up? After all, if it's good enough there is no reason the sensor has to be any particular size.

John
                          TG-5 is good. Nice and compact, has many bell and whistles, with a 12mp sensor. Works well for me as my pocket camera.......

Comment

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
                            TG-5 is good. Nice and compact, has many bell and whistles, with a 12mp sensor. Works well for me as my pocket camera.......
                            Regards,
                            Mark

------------------------------
                            http://www.microcontrast.com
                            Too much Oly gear.
                            Panasonic GM5, 12-32, 12-35, 15, 35-100, Laowa 7.5.
                            Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.

Comment

Looks like you had a good walk and some good photography. Keep it up.
                              Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                              Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                              Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                              Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                              Learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                              X