This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just to prove ...

Phil remember Stephen himself is pretty unique, long may he continue to drop in with his friends, how else can we show him the error in his ways?
    Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

Yep it's all about education Ed. One way or the other.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. It's most touching - in fact you're all touched!

In my defence, it was never my attempt to prove or disprove the superiority of one camera over another. Every make is capable of excellent results, and in the end it boils down to what is more comfortable for the individual.

Long before I was a Mod, it was made clear by Ian that he was happy enough with occassional photographs from other makes and models of camera, as long as it was made clear in the text. I believe I have fulfilled that requirement fairly plainly.
        Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          Obviously we wouldn't want the forum over-run with non-Olympus shots but in my view the occasional thread does no harm whatsoever, provided it is made clear what equipment was used. If we were to be ultra-strict about this, images taken on a Tough, ZX1/ZX2, or Stylus would not qualify either!
          To be really honest, I think it's an oversight to actually not to include serious Olympus compacts now as they emulate the E-system cameras to a large degree & some of us use these cameras. I can even use the FL50 flash on my Stylus 1. Mind you, I basically have to hold the outfit by the flash as it is a little top heavy.

Anyhow, I took this photo (on a Fuji FinePix S5500 before I had discovered Olympus) at IronFest 2005 & was pleased with such a fluke shot. I haven't been able to duplicate this on my Olympus cameras yet.

I hope you like it.

After that little bit, I really like Stephens photo.

Ross
          I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
          Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
          Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
          Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
          Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
            To be really honest, I think it a little pedantic or an oversight to actually not to include serious Olympus compacts now as they emulate the E-system cameras to a large degree & some of us use these cameras. I can even use the FL50 flash on my Stylus 1. Mind you, I basically have to hold the outfit by the flash as it is a little top heavy.

Anyhow, I took this photo (on a Fuji FinePix S5500 before I had discovered Olympus) at IronFest 2005 & was pleased with such a fluke shot. I haven't been able to duplicate on my Olympus cameras yet.

I hope you like it.

Yes, I was being pedantic, but just to make a point!

Love the picture - perfectly timed.
            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
              Yes, I was being pedantic, but just to make a point!

Love the picture - perfectly timed.
              Oh, thanks. I had decided to modify that comment, but you beat me to it.
              Ross
              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
              Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Great timing! I wonder if the guy opposite captured it as well?
                Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                  One of the great things about this forum is the tolerance and respect for photographs regardless of their cameric origin....whilst first and foremost it is of course an Olympus territory
                  Some people on the forum who shoot regularly with an E-System camera often have a second (non-Olympus or Olympus OM) camera as its fulfills a different purpose. They are still the same great photographers who shoot the same great pictures and its nice that we can (occassionally and perhaps tounge in cheek) share these pictures whilst still promoting the merits of Olympus digital photography. As Brian put it, the great thing about this forum is the tolerance and respect we have for each other (and our occassional odd shooting habits) and long may it reign.

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                  Why not put them in this thread (with the usual disclosure)
                  I was looking to see if I had any shots featuring the same boats but alas. Anyway, here are a couple from 2009 taken with my Fuji compact but slightly tweaked in Olympus Viewer 3 (so does that count?). I was still shooting OM as my main camera in those days and didn't get an Oly digital until the E-M5 came out (great camera).

Mevagissey Harbour.

Originally posted by StephenL View Post
                  No, we didn't go on any boat trips. I doubt they were running, being mid-December and all!
                  Good weather for December, Stephen. For those who don't know Mevagissey it is a quaint old fashioned fishing village, quite small, but very picturesque. Here it is in summer... and raining.

Mevagissey.
                  Cameras: E-M5, E-PM2, OM40, OM4Ti
                  Lenses (M.Zuiko Digital): 7-14mm/F2.8, 12-40mm/F2.8, 40-150mm/F2.8+TC1.4x, 12-50mm/F3.5-6.3, 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 EZ, M.ZD 40-150 F4-5.6 R, 75-300mm/F4.8-6.7 Mk1, 12mm/F2, 17mm/F1.8
                  Lenses (OM Zuiko): 50mm/F1.2, 24mm/F2, 35mm/F2.8 shift
                  Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
                  Learn something new every day

Comment

Lovely colours and sharpness. I had a Fuji a while back, and though it was a cheap compact, it produced super colours and surprisingly sharp images.

Comment

Working...
                    X