• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zuiko
    replied
    Re: Claim To Fame

Originally posted by Bill Gordon View Post
    Just out of curiosity John, for a small village such as you have described.. where does all the patrons of this business come from??
    Hi Bill, they come from all over the country. For servicing, I assume Woods do a collection service - I often see cars being unloaded from a covered car transporter. Then, of course, Woods are the only Rolls Royce authorized accident repair centre in the UK. They probably could have set up the business anywhere, but happened to choose Great Easton.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Gordon
    replied

Just out of curiosity John, for a small village such as you have described.. where does all the patrons of this business come from??

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    We also used to have the finest eggs I've ever tasted, until the fox got amongst the chickens one too many times!
    We had a rescued keeshond at our previous place (in suburbia) that managed that for us (including the ducks we were minding for someone). He went back to the shelter & I don't think he enjoyed a long life after that.

Leave a comment:

• gregles
    replied

Love that building John and would love a wee shot of the car in front - looks really classy for a shopping trip to tesco

Look forward to seeing the Bentleys

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by banjukes View Post
    That's a lovely building for a dealership and a classy car in front!! Your village sounds a little like Emmerdale!
    Blimey, I don't think we have the same level of sexual indiscretions, murders and spectacular disasters but hey, who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Leave a comment:

• birdboy
    replied

This is a fascinating story John. When I first saw your pictures I thought how quaint but how can such a business survive in this day and age especially in the motor car industry. I envisaged half a dozen employees. Well take a look at their web pages, there's 50 of them This is no small outfit but has all the hallmarks of a business that has kept the old service values modernised with the technology developments and carved a neat niche in the market. I only wish I had a roller or Bentley to take advantage of such romantic service.

Thanks for informing me John and when I next pass through I will take a closer look.

John

Leave a comment:

• banjukes
    replied

That's a lovely building for a dealership and a classy car in front!! Your village sounds a little like Emmerdale!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Those interested in reading a little more about P & A Wood can visit their rather good website: http://www.pa-wood.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by tomphotofx View Post
    I can imagine the staff are full of old fashioned charm and curtsey and I bet they give you tea and cake served on the finest bone china when you take the Roller in for a service judging by the style of the building.
    I've never experienced it, but I would imagine that their customer hospitality is rather special and second to none. Of course, they will often be dealing with the chauffer rather than the owner.

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    Very elegant John!

It looks a bit like a 'one pub town' on a small scale! Over here it is more like 10 times the scale & if you blink while driving through the town you'll miss it.

At least you have dog training & also IT training locally (according to google maps).

We also used to have the finest eggs I've ever tasted, until the fox got amongst the chickens one too many times!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by pandora View Post
    Without nearby shops, well bread Rolls Royce owners who leave their vehicles overnight for repairs would almost certainly have their tanks milked, wouldn't they John?
    On form today, Mark!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
    I think that's it parked in the front.
    I doubt I could afford one of the hubcaps!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Originally posted by OlyPaul View Post
    That's a very quaint image John, almost like you have gone back in time.
    The building was purposely designed to fit in with the rural nature of the village. P & A Wood are also a Bentley dealership and they have recently constructed another building with the same type of theme on an adjacent plot which used to be a filling station. I must get around to shooting the new building when the light is in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Originally posted by tomphotofx View Post
    I can imagine the staff are full of old fashioned charm and curtsey and I bet they give you tea and cake served on the finest bone china when you take the Roller in for a service judging by the style of the building.
    And you can bet your bottom dollar, I mean pound, you well & truly pay for it too!

Leave a comment:

• tomphotofx
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X