Clear All

Re: A dozen Kites Flying

Great shots chevvy, you must be very pleased with these

Greg
    My Flickr Home Page

Comment

Originally posted by rutwij View Post
      The place we visited was a place they feed the red kites every day. The guy who feeds them said that they get 40-50 kites at a time in the peak time during winter. There were about 20 or so of them when we went there on Saturday.

I didn't turn IS off DOH!! Well, there's always next time

My images are now up in another thread in foto fair. The IQ wasn't great because of the big crops I had to go for, and I think the IS caused a lot of the images to be out of focus

Rutwij
      Yeay! IS just keeps searching rather than tracking in focus I made this mistake and someone on here (PeterD) helped me to get to know my E-5 as I upgraded from E-1 (so I had missed loads of tricks developed between the models)

Sometimes I find it best to start with lens back at say 70 and focus manually and then let AF and CAF get stuck on

Now is a good time - the Red Kites need EVEN more food for the young I may go back this weekend ... now my E-5 is working superbly

popping over to FF to search for yours !
      [I].
      I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
      Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Some lovely pics, i have a friend who says Kites nest in next doors garden! so i think a visit is soon in order lol

Comment

Originally posted by joglos View Post
          Some lovely pics, i have a friend who says Kites nest in next doors garden! so i think a visit is soon in order lol
          WoW ! you may get feeding them and then take some shots from their bedroom windows and get above shots looking forward to seeing yours
          [I].
          I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
          Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Working...
          X