Shield Bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shield Bug.

Today I wasn't going to do anything photographic, too many jobs to do.

However, my daughter found this in the kitchen of all places.

It's a Hawthorn Shield Bug, Acanthosomona haemorrhoidale. Sounds like a pain in the ****.

Smile for the camera.

One more.

I spent ages chasing it round a sheet of A4 paper trying to get it to pose.

Thanks for looking.
    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Re: Shield Bug.

Very nice! I've recently photographed a similar Shield Bug in Australia (now in my gallery), but it does have its differences. Thanks for the effort of chasing it. It was worth it.

Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
      Very nice! I've recently photographed a similar Shield Bug in Australia (now in my gallery), but it does have its differences. Thanks for the effort of chasing it. It was worth it.

Thanks Ross.

Yours certainly looks very similar, may be a species unique to the Antipodes.
      I tried a Google search but just ended up bug eyed.

Regards.
      Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
      OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.

Comment

They are great shots and worth the effort
        OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr

Comment

Well, you couldn't not photograph it, that would be rude!
          John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by PeterBirder View Post
            Thanks Ross.

Yours certainly looks very similar, may be a species unique to the Antipodes.
            I tried a Google search but just ended up bug eyed.

Regards.
            I see you have used the new 60mm macro lens. I had to go out briefly this morning & annoyingly missed the parcel post today that had mine in it. I will just have to wait till this afternoon now before I can play with the new toy. I'll have a search for our bug to find details & then I'll post a thread for it (with links to each others thread). I was using S-AF with the Sigma 150mm macro lens on my E30 for my shot & it will be nice to see how the 60mm will serve me on the E-M5.

Ross
            I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
            Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
            Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
            Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
            Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
            Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
              I see you have used the new 60mm macro lens. I had to go out briefly this morning & annoyingly missed the parcel post today that had mine in it. I will just have to wait till this afternoon now before I can play with the new toy. I'll have a search for our bug to find details & then I'll post a thread for it (with links to each others thread). I was using S-AF with the Sigma 150mm macro lens on my E30 for my shot & it will be nice to see how the 60mm will serve me on the E-M5.

Thanks Ross.
              Look forward to hearing how you get on with the lens and info on "your" Shield Bug.

Regards.
              Peter

OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.

Comment

Whats going on here? Bug season is supposed to be over in northern parts of Europe!

Peter, dip his feets in some ink next time you chase him about the paper. You can probably sell the outcome for a zillion later on at an art gallery?!

Falk
                I am not afraid of Tits

Comment

Originally posted by Falk View Post
                  Whats going on here? Bug season is supposed to be over in northern parts of Europe!

Peter, dip his feets in some ink next time you chase him about the paper. You can probably sell the outcome for a zillion later on at an art gallery?!

Falk
                  You're right. I think he came into the kitchen to get warm.

The art idea is interesting but I think I'd get more ink on me than the bug.

Regards.
                  Peter

OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.

Comment

Working...
                  X