X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill D
    replied
    Re: Narrowboating @ Newbury

Nice shot out of the lock and perfect expression from that little helper! in no1. I love narrowboating just don't get time to do it these days . John your plan sounded very attractive.

Leave a comment:

• tomphotofx
    replied

Nice set Chevvy, thanks for sharing.

Tom

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
    Lyn, I am sooo looking forward to your photos ... the Hyatt Regency is the Best bringing on back the goodtimes - and a Sling Sing at Raffles loads of photos please ...

but I am soo old I cannot recall the year ... maybe 1996 and look out for buildings by Kuah the Architect
    We have been to Singas a few times Chevvy, first was in 1984 as a stopover to your lovely country - our first overseas trip. Our eyes popped out of our heads when we landed at Changi and saw rows and rows of planes lined up on the tarmac!
    We just had to return. Singapore is easy to get to from Oz - about a 6 hour flight. It is so clean and I of course love the gardens.
    This will be the first time I will have a "real" camera with me so am looking forward to the trip more than ever!

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Originally posted by Floribunda View Post
    Hyatt Regency Chevvy - got a good deal - but will have to have a "Singapore Sling" at Raffles won't I?
    Lyn, I am sooo looking forward to your photos ... the Hyatt Regency is the Best bringing on back the goodtimes - and a Sling Sing at Raffles loads of photos please ...

but I am soo old I cannot recall the year ... maybe 1996 and look out for buildings by Kuah the Architect

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Lyn, we woke to "White outside" such a hard frost and -2 Arghhh - cries of "More Duvet"

We said about the River Rats - Heck I cannot imagine how COLD and DAMP is is on there right now

As I was out in the tackroom feeding my Henry, I thought "I used to be out here at 5am feed and skip out horses, in for my brekkers and shower/dress for riding out and off I went in a T shirt under a florescent jacket on a morning like this and the jacket would be undone - as I was sooo hot - in 30 mins

I like "COSY" in my 3rd wave ... and "Comfort" and ... Luxury too ... all of which you will have in Singapore ... ? Raffles ? or Hyett Regency ?
    Hyatt Regency Chevvy - got a good deal - but will have to have a "Singapore Sling" at Raffles won't I?

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Lyn, we woke to "White outside" such a hard frost and -2 Arghhh - cries of "More Duvet"

We said about the River Rats - Heck I cannot imagine how COLD and DAMP is is on there right now

As I was out in the tackroom feeding my Henry, I thought "I used to be out here at 5am feed and skip out horses, in for my brekkers and shower/dress for riding out and off I went in a T shirt under a florescent jacket on a morning like this and the jacket would be undone - as I was sooo hot - in 30 mins

I like "COSY" in my 3rd wave ... and "Comfort" and ... Luxury too ... all of which you will have in Singapore ... ? Raffles ? or Hyett Regency ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I enjoyed your photos of your canal trip Chevvy, but I think you are right. Nice to visit, but i wouldnt want to live on a narrow boat. It all looks so romantic, and I would love to have the experience, but only for a short time!
    I must be getting older! My sense of adventure seems less these days.
    We are having a week in Singapore from next Monday - a nice comfy hotel and pool awaits!

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
    Haha, yes, it was just a long-term pipe dream when I was quite a bit younger but it held great appeal and, based on costs at the time, would have been a very economic way to spend retirement. Whether I would stilll feel the same about it now, had I remained single, is another matter!

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

OOh John, I could never be a River Rat - YOU were BRAVE or just young ...

The lack of reliable hot water and possible heating issues, let alone waking to thee damp and musty odours ... in Autumn and Winter ... LURVED the log fire (all the time it was glowing)

Musty must be why its call Muster on ships

A weekend of waking with an ice cold nose and Nick with a cold head (I have a "mop" of thick hair) he needs to sleep in a bobble hat or Beanie

and a tiny sit in bath I like to linger longer in deep hot water and bubbles ... candles glowing and wine flowing ...
    Haha, yes, it was just a long-term pipe dream when I was quite a bit younger but it held great appeal and, based on costs at the time, would have been a very economic way to spend retirement. Whether I would stilll feel the same about it now, had I remained single, is another matter!

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

OOh John, I could never be a River Rat - YOU were BRAVE or just young ...

The lack of reliable hot water and possible heating issues, let alone waking to thee damp and musty odours ... in Autumn and Winter ... LURVED the log fire (all the time it was glowing)

Musty must be why its call Muster on ships

A weekend of waking with an ice cold nose and Nick with a cold head (I have a "mop" of thick hair) he needs to sleep in a bobble hat or Beanie

and a tiny sit in bath I like to linger longer in deep hot water and bubbles ... candles glowing and wine flowing ...

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Being a "River Rat" once featured strongly in my retirement plans, until I was daft enough to get married at 39, having skillfully side-stepped the issue up until then.

Must ensure that SWMBO doesn't see this post!

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    started a topic Narrowboating @ Newbury

Narrowboating @ Newbury

Some River Rats (they live on the canal)

and some Weekend Warriors (they weekend on the canal sometimes) are Indians with a canoe

Now Naughty Diving Puppy is on the the Nuaghty rug (with his red eyes)

At the sharp end, as the gates open onto symetry

Water overflowing to the wier

Working...
X