Originally posted by gregles View Post
    Don't encourage him Chevvy he has been foraging for wild mushrooms again
    Ahhhhh! he is eating "Magic Mushrooms"

Leave a comment:

• gregles
    replied
    Re: Blow !!

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
    Verrryyyyyyyyyyyy funny but for the Laffs !
    Don't encourage him Chevvy he has been foraging for wild mushrooms again

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Originally posted by gregles View Post
    Rumbled
    Verrryyyyyyyyyyyy funny but for the Laffs !

Leave a comment:

• Zuiko
    replied

Well worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• gregles
    replied

Originally posted by Graptolite View Post
    So Greg, now to remind you of what really happened.... You may not remember that you were on your way home from the pub having taken your camera with you to photograph the finals of the Miss Annan wet t-shirt contest (you probably have no recollection of this. Check the first photos on your memory card - why do you think it's called that?). You woke up on your front lawn just as dawn broke (not sunset as you thought) and started to scrabble about for your camera, accidentally hitting the shutter button, and because you've never bothered to cut the grass recently (do you ever do anything your wife asks you?) there was a fair bet there was going to be a weed directly in front of you. And immediately after you "took" the picture, you sneezed.....

And quite serendipitously you managed to get a fantastic photo out of it! Hope it makes up for you having to sleep in the spare room for the next month.
    Rumbled

Leave a comment:

• Graptolite
    replied

So Greg, now to remind you of what really happened.... You may not remember that you were on your way home from the pub having taken your camera with you to photograph the finals of the Miss Annan wet t-shirt contest (you probably have no recollection of this. Check the first photos on your memory card - why do you think it's called that?). You woke up on your front lawn just as dawn broke (not sunset as you thought) and started to scrabble about for your camera, accidentally hitting the shutter button, and because you've never bothered to cut the grass recently (do you ever do anything your wife asks you?) there was a fair bet there was going to be a weed directly in front of you. And immediately after you "took" the picture, you sneezed.....

And quite serendipitously you managed to get a fantastic photo out of it! Hope it makes up for you having to sleep in the spare room for the next month.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs T
    replied

I think this is a very clever idea and a great shot.

Amanda

Leave a comment:

• gregles
    replied

Greg, I hear the Trumpets heralding the arrival of your shot of the year !

You have really surpassed yourself in this STUNNING composition !

ps I can recommend plumbers knee pads while crawling about in the long grass and "elastic bands" or long socks over your trousies !
    I love your comments Chevvy

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• gregles
    replied

Originally posted by jamie allan View Post
    Greg,
    Very cleverly thought out and executed. That's a great image. Your arthritis will thank you for it
    Cheers Jamie,

you knew the grass was wet didn't you I was very damp driving home

Greg

Leave a comment:

• Internaut
    replied

Awesome image and a great backdrop.

Leave a comment:

• jamie allan
    replied

Greg,
    Very cleverly thought out and executed. That's a great image. Your arthritis will thank you for it

Leave a comment:

• jdal
    replied

A Gorillapod is good for low down macro. My Gorillapod SLR Zoom model worked ok with the E5 and the 50mmF2. It'll work even better with the EM-5

Leave a comment:

• Ross the fiddler
    replied

Ross, I have Benbo Tripods and theses can be used with the camera upside down or upside up along the ground - I was trying to find a photo it in such position ... but failed ! this is as close as I can get !

http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/Product...oryid~179.html
    My Velbon tripod has the reversing centre column that allows close focus too, but it is the set up time that makes me grunt & groan each time as I just do it without, then it takes even more effort to get back up again (& I haven't even hit 60 yet). I've considered the Bembo for it's versatile action. I also use a Slik Mini II which is a table top tripod & only cost me about $25. It just about handles the weight of the E30 & Sigma 150 macro lens & it would probably work alright in this application, taking all (most) of the wobble out of the camera. I can even replace the head if inclined.

Leave a comment:

• Chevvyf1
    replied

Originally posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    I wonder how succussful it would be putting the E30 (& E5 or other flip & tilt screen models) on the end a monopod upside down with cable release & live view. Probably too clumsy a result. Better to get down & dirty & get that amazing shot. This is certainly inspiration for me. I'll have to look out for a good sunset coming & for various plants that would work as well as this one. It's a challenge!

Ross, I have Benbo Tripods and theses can be used with the camera upside down or upside up along the ground - I was trying to find a photo it in such position ... but failed ! this is as close as I can get !

http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/Product...oryid~179.html

Leave a comment:

• al_kaholik
    replied

Cracking! I need to get out and down on the ground more

Leave a comment:

Working...
X