Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snaar snaps: Down the Lane

Old Soldier:

Spare a thought for this old fella. He is deaf and almost blind* and as a result almost everything comes as a surprise to him... He can't be trusted off the lead any more, he'd probably get lost and wouldn't hear you calling.

Pete

*but he sure plays a mean pinball.
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

But he's cared for.
      Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site

Comment

You need to be careful

That dog leads a double life... he's lost his lead on your blog AND the feet are missing too... how did he find his way back ?

You think we don't notice these things don't you

Regards
        Andy
        My Kit (OK I'm a hoarder...)
        4/3 E500, E510, E30 + 35macro, 50macro, 7-14, 11-22, 14-45 (x2), 14-54, 40-150 (both types), 50-200, 70-300, 50-500,
        m 4/3 EM1MkII + 60 macro, 12-100 Pro
        FL20, FL36 x2 , FL50, cactus slaves etc.
        The Boss (Mrs Shenstone) E620, EM10-II, 14-41Ez, 40-150R, 9 cap and whatever she can nick from me when she wants it

My places
        http://www.shenstone.me.uk http://landroverkaty.blogspot.com/
        https://vimeo.com/shenstone http://cardiffnaturalists.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shenstone View Post
          You think we don't notice these things don't you
          Regards
          Andy
          Doh!

Here was me thinking no one reads my blog.... I must clearly raise my game

Pete

Comment

Last ride of the day:

February dusk. The rain cloud is so low that its turned to a day-long fog. The floodlights are on and a lone rider is practising her moves in the growing gloom...

Pete

Comment

The Waiting Game:

No, I don't know what was going on here, but I spotted this today. I couldn't resist grabbing Dog and Owner catching forty winks.

This was the 70-300 near the long end with IS switched off (my new approach)...

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                Alien Invasion?

I wonder what these are. They appeared outside the barn over Christmas Holidays. Could they be Martians?

Maybe we have got the whole Martian Threat thing completely out of perspective.... They don't look that dangerous. Some of them look positively home made.

Pete :-)

Pete DH Nick here says "they were originally Fertilizer Containers, now converted to "Grain Feeders" for Pheasants ! the legs are painted with Creosote because they are pushed into the ground [Elf & Safety 4 Pheasants) in the feeding areas, holes are punched in the bottom and the Pheasants bang their heads knocking out more grain

We have both loved looking through your accounts here. Nick loved the Allen Sythe and fell about laffing telling me "when I was a kid I used one of these and because I was so small IT threw me about all over it, when it hit a lump in the ground the big wheels bounced up taking me thro the air ..."

We have to ask are you sure the "HAY" in the barn is Hay? it looks more like wheatstraw used for bedding ! the Rope over the gate, is to attach to the horses head collar [worn in the field] to lead the horse back home.

Its never a good idea to jump on a horse in a field, it may have a severe back problem, and throw you off as soon as it feels weight on its back! I always run my hand over a horses back and legs to check all OK before I brush then for saddling up!

A request for a nice horse head, eyes and ears down to the muzzle ! You can tell a lot from a horses muzzle, eyes and ears !

Your Reportage reminds us both the Jack Hargraves on Sunday mornings in "Out of Town" he was always scratching about barns and sheds and fields ...

THANKS ! Keep going we are loving it ! and really do appreciate your time and hints about lenses ... we just bought three last week but none for the two years before that ...
                [I].
                I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
                  We have to ask are you sure the "HAY" in the barn is Hay? it looks more like wheatstraw used for bedding !

Your Reportage reminds us both the Jack Hargraves on Sunday mornings in "Out of Town" he was always scratching about barns and sheds and fields ...

Oooh, as an ex farm lad I do hope it was hay, but you might be right. They have both hay and straw here for the horses.

As to good old Jack Hargraves scratching about barns and sheds.. well yes, that does sound a bit like me. I was in that barn today. (Aah the smells: hay, straw, diesel all mixed together. Takes me back....)

Pete

Comment

Great to see "Down the Lane" back Pete. I've missed your insightful shots lately. I wonder if there is a story behind that number plate? 737 is an aeroplane and MRM is mechanically recovered meat. Could it belong to a pilot who has retrained as a butcher?

Thanks for sharing.
                    Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                    OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                    Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Originally posted by snaarman View Post
                      The Waiting Game:

No, I don't know what was going on here, but I spotted this today. I couldn't resist grabbing Dog and Owner catching forty winks.

This was the 70-300 near the long end with IS switched off (my new approach)...

Pete
                      That doesn't look particularly comfortable

Nicely captured Pete.
                      Regards Huw

Olympus equipment
                      Capture One Pro
                      My flickr

Comment

I think the owner fell asleep waiting for the dog to wake up, I suspect the dog is dozing, waiting for the owner to wake up. Let's hope the Landrover handbrake is on, eh?

Pete

Comment

Oooh, get Me..

I'm off on me holidays!

It's that time of year, the horses get their amusing fly hats :-)

Me - using the 70-300 at the long end! And it's not bad actually

Pete

Comment

Nice Fly hats ! ... for the horses holidays ... do you have ONE for the Mossies on YOUR holidays ?
                            [I].
                            I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
                            Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album

Comment

Excellent Pete.
                              The 70-300 is just so good for a "budget" lens. I see yours has even got a firmware update that makes it produce a sample swatch of material in case you want to make your own hat.

Thanks for sharing.
                              Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
                              OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
                              Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

The horse doesn't seem to mind, it's still got a mouthfull of food. Great observation again.
                                John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Working...
                                X