Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snaar snaps: Village in Summer

Originally posted by E-3 View Post
    I like the picture of the tractor, there is also a cart hiding in the back ground that looks very photogenic
    Many thanks!
    Yes, I thought the cart and tractor made a nice pair

Pete
    Look, I'm an old man. I shouldn't be expected to put up with this.

Pete's photoblog Misleading the public since 2010.

Comment

Short Sharp Shower:

So, my lunchtime stroll was rudely interrupted by a couple of minutes of very large raindrops. The culprits were sliding by overhead:

There's nothing like those giant cauliflour things against a nice blue sky

Pete

PS. Is there an old geezer with big eyebrows in that second cloud??
      Last edited by snaarman; 29th June 2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Oooh! wow!

Two Kites

Hmm, OK, confession time. I did take these two from the same place with the same lens only about 30 seconds apart. Unfortunately the main players didn't co-operate on timing.

I'm not afraid to do a bit of slide sandwiching on occasions

OK, here are two that are far less mangled:
        Paddock leftovers. There are some tall plants left in the horses paddocks. These are usually the ones the horses can't or won't eat. Everything else is down to ground level...

All today's pictures used my Tamron 200mm f3.5 legacy lens. Usually at f5.6 or f8

Pete
        Last edited by snaarman; 30th June 2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Interesting image for me Pete given my present interests and the fact that I did some of the training for my pilot's licence (many many years ago ) in a Tiger moth. Perhaps I realised that birds can fly better than me and look better too.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
          Peter

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
          OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
          Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.

Comment

Duck: Fast and low!

Yes its summertime and the fly boys from medium sized Wallop are out practicing dead stick landings in the local fields. They lurk out of sight on the ground making loud engine noises for 30 seconds then they leap up again and head off elsewhere

Pete

Comment

It still continues to amaze me how much goes on in your village. Never a dull moment - at least from a photographic point of view!
              John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                It still continues to amaze me how much goes on in your village. Never a dull moment - at least from a photographic point of view!
                Hmm, not sure the folks appreciate the low flying Chinooks and Lynx choppers, and I am amazed the horses cope with it. Generally it seems very quiet agriculturally in the summer. I am waiting to see what happens in the next few months, as my company moved here last October and we missed harvest by a few weeks...

Meanwhile I shall keep my eye out for any photographic niblets to offer to the forum :-)

Pete

Comment

lovely varied shots I look forward to each new adventure.
                  Ed

Live life in the slow lane.

Comment

The secret dedication:

Hidden inside the roof of the old well cover on the green is this cast iron dedication plate:

Blah blah Queen Victoria blah blah public subscription blah blah water source and .. 1897

Quite why the dedication plate should be hidden out of sight is a mystery.

Pete

Comment

Linseed (or so I believe...) having dispensed with its flowers recently, it now sets about making the oil crop...

At the top of the year even the grass joins in the whole seed and fruiting thing...

Pete

Comment

I'm reaching for the Piriton already.

Ah, ah.....ahchew!!
                        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

No, the countryside is not the place to be if you have pollen problems:

and

(Fortunately Firefox doesn't support Scratch n Sniff just yet!)

On bad days I wonder if I am starting to succumb to pollen allergy, there sure is a lot of it about at work...

Pete

Comment

I was quite lucky to catch this sight: Out for my lunchtime walk in the heat and I hear a slow and rhythmic clip clop - not the sound of a horse being led or being ridden.

I guessed it was the horse and cart* out for a trip so I put on a bit of a spurt and grabbed this one as they made their way past the green :-)

Pete

I know its not really a cart, I'm sure it has a proper name, a Gig, perhaps?

Comment

Cherries and Cricket:

This was a surprise, I didn't realise that one of the trees next to the cricket ground is a cherry tree. I wonder if it was planted by some kind soul years ago or if it just happened..

Pete

Comment

I did my best to give this one a timeless look..

However I bet they didn't have pneumatic tyres and tarmac roads 150 years ago...

Pete

Comment

Working...
                                X