• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Medical Data: NHS Secret Talks

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/12/12/nhs_england_database/

(Copy & paste into browser).

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Your free "over 50's health check" has all been about data gathering for this sort of thing. The NHS has been preparing for privatisation for some time and the goal was (may still be) to get into bed with the massive health insurance companies from Trump land. Hence the rise in companies like Vitality over here. This may have hit a slight obstacle in the road with Johnson promising that the NHS is sacrosanct, but it won't be long until he forgets and presses on.... "For the benefit of the NHS" you understand!
    Paul

I didn’t get where I am today....

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
      Johnson promising that the NHS is sacrosanct, but it won't be long until he forgets and presses on.... "For the benefit of the NHS" you understand!
      What's the value of a promise from someone that lies in his private life, lied as a journalist, lied as the London Mayor, lied as an MP and lied as a Prime Minister? Why should he change a lifetime of lying - after all, it didn't affect his political rating and it's got him to where he is now!

Jim

Comment

I have no problem with the NHS moniterising the anonymous data that they have collected about their clientel. If the data helps to produce better healthcare then what is there to not like. If the NHS is not capable of using the data then the knowledge should be moneterised. As for Vitality there always has been the optiion of "going private" ever since the NHS came about so that the consultant's mouths could be stuffed with gold.
        This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Walti View Post
          Your free "over 50's health check" has all been about data gathering for this sort of thing. The NHS has been preparing for privatisation for some time and the goal was (may still be) to get into bed with the massive health insurance companies from Trump land. Hence the rise in companies like Vitality over here. This may have hit a slight obstacle in the road with Johnson promising that the NHS is sacrosanct, but it won't be long until he forgets and presses on.... "For the benefit of the NHS" you understand!
          Methinks shutting the stable door etc. We already have several UK GPs practices being run by a US healthcare company.
          Here's one example, there may be more. Never forget that US trade deals like to include enabling US companies to sue foreign governments, if they take actions which affect the company's profits.

Bill
          Best Regards
          Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
          They're Watching You!

Comment

Working...
          X