Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Boycott

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Amazon Boycott

    Originally posted by Tram View Post
    Latest scam, had a similar call myself yesterday, something along the lines of press 1 to speak to an advisor.
    No idea what happens then, request for bank details presumably.
    Me too, same call.

    Its a scam, just put the phone down and say nothing.
    Dave

    My Flickr

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Amazon Boycott

      Originally posted by Internaut View Post
      I avoid the Amazon marketplace. I only buy things sold (or at the very worst, fulfilled) by Amazon.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Amazon Boycott

        These must be all the jobs them foreigners have come and taken

        Yeah right, if vacancies appear after Brexit will all the serial complainers step up and take them, I seriously doubt it

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Amazon Boycott

          I thought that our employment figures are at an all time high, or so I am led to believe. Our need for immigrants is obvious in most trades and professions. When I was working, I employed a Spanish surveyor, a really nice and hard working bloke...

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Amazon Boycott

            Originally posted by TimP View Post
            Same here, I specifically look to see it’s sold by Amazon. I’ll also buy if it’s fulfilled by Amazon too as I feel any issues or returns would be via Amazon...

            ... Why no British drivers?
            Where I now reside, it could be... "Where can I get a job that pays me what I get on benefits?" - or - "If I don't vote for XYZ, I'll lose them."

            Come the 12th, It will be interesting to see if a certain local flag is still flying high? On a personal note, I've never been inclined to stoop that low for the other bit of the ditty.
            It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

            Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Amazon Boycott

              Originally posted by Tram View Post
              These must be all the jobs them foreigners have come and taken

              Yeah right, if vacancies appear after Brexit will all the serial complainers step up and take them, I seriously doubt it
              There's a Hermes driver around here. He's obviously British and probably of retirement age. He drives his own car. He told me that he gets 35p a delivery (IIRC) and doesn't do it for the money - just to get out of the house.

              Jim

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Amazon Boycott

                Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                There's a Hermes driver around here. He's obviously British and probably of retirement age. He drives his own car. He told me that he gets 35p a delivery (IIRC) and doesn't do it for the money - just to get out of the house.

                Jim
                We have an old (British) couple doing Hermes deliveries here, been the same pair for a few years now.
                They drive round in their car, this time of year it looks like Santas sleigh, rammed with boxes.
                They knew my late Ma, she was always buying plants and they had a load for her when she passed away unexpectedly.
                Let them have the lot, last thing I want to do is gardening
                They always ring me to see if i'm in before coming round, very handy for me and saves them a wasted trip

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Amazon Boycott

                  Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                  There's a Hermes driver around here. He's obviously British and probably of retirement age. He drives his own car. He told me that he gets 35p a delivery (IIRC) and doesn't do it for the money - just to get out of the house. Jim
                  In a similar vein. Over the last four years I've had to rely heavily on the NHS /PTS system of transport. Apart from the ambulance service, the others are all voluteers. They use their own cars and get a mileage payment. They too, do it to keep themselves busy and, to quote: Meet all walks of life, share stories, make friends and putting back into the system whilst assisting others.

                  I have every respect for these types of individuals where giving, irrespective of rain, hail, sleet or snow rather than taking, is a philosophy of life.

                  Given the dross that keeps getting peddled, where the wrong types are contantly given a free 15' of fame. It's heartwarming to find the 'good guy's' are out there helping those in 'real need' not because they have to, but because they want to.
                  It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

                  Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Amazon Boycott

                    Originally posted by Wally View Post
                    In a similar vein. Over the last four years I've had to rely heavily on the NHS /PTS system of transport. Apart from the ambulance service, the others are all voluteers. They use their own cars and get a mileage payment. They too, do it to keep themselves busy and, to quote: Meet all walks of life, share stories, make friends and putting back into the system whilst assisting others.

                    I have every respect for these types of individuals where giving, irrespective of rain, hail, sleet or snow rather than taking, is a philosophy of life.

                    Given the dross that keeps getting peddled, where the wrong types are contantly given a free 15' of fame. It's heartwarming to find the 'good guy's' are out there helping those in 'real need' not because they have to, but because they want to.
                    There are some very kind people out there, I would do more, but its finding something that suits all concerned
                    Lack empathy and patience with the old, unfortunately that seems to be the bulk of it these days.
                    I used to give my time to coach the kids at Table Tennis and volunteered to help at the food bank.
                    On the waiting list for the Citizen Advice Bureau, so fingers crossed for that

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Amazon Boycott

                      Interesting info:


                      https://beacourier.co.uk

                      Jax

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Amazon Boycott

                        Originally posted by Tram View Post
                        These must be all the jobs them foreigners have come and taken

                        Yeah right, if vacancies appear after Brexit will all the serial complainers step up and take them, I seriously doubt it

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Amazon Boycott

                          Originally posted by Wally View Post
                          Where I now reside, it could be... "Where can I get a job that pays me what I get on benefits?" - or - "If I don't vote for XYZ, I'll lose them."
                          That probably sums the situation up. Given a choice of benefits, with no need to get off their sorry *****, and doing an actual job where they have to work full time I can see some people simply taking the benefits. Maybe they sell some dodgy stuff on the side to make the numbers up a bit but a lot seem to be able to afford fish & chips, beer and fags.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Amazon Boycott

                            Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                            There's a Hermes driver around here. He's obviously British and probably of retirement age. He drives his own car. He told me that he gets 35p a delivery (IIRC) and doesn't do it for the money - just to get out of the house.

                            Jim

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Amazon Boycott

                              Originally posted by Tram View Post
                              We have an old (British) couple doing Hermes deliveries here, been the same pair for a few years now.
                              They drive round in their car, this time of year it looks like Santas sleigh, rammed with boxes.
                              They knew my late Ma, she was always buying plants and they had a load for her when she passed away unexpectedly.
                              Let them have the lot, last thing I want to do is gardening
                              They always ring me to see if i'm in before coming round, very handy for me and saves them a wasted trip
                              Excellent service!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom