Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amazon Boycott

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    Nigel's post was moderated and reinstated. It would not have been reinstated if there were, after due deliberation, absolute concerns that Amazon's lawyers would be knocking on our door imminently.
    If you or any member thinks that this section of a photography forum is a place that anything can be said, with no respect or regard for the sanity of myself and the volunteers that help me moderate it, then what is the point?
    If I were you Ian I would be far more concerned that Boris Johnson's lawyers might come knocking on your door owing to repeated allegations on this forum that the man in a compulsive liar.

I believe there are legal restrictions about what can and cannot be said publicly about politicians in the days before an election.
    ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Here's a novel idea, this is a photography forum so go and take some photographs

Don't see much in the way of anything creative from quite a few regular opinion givers

Comment

There seems to be an awful lot of angry people online at the moment.....rather tedious IMO. Amazon I just don't use to buy anything from so I don't have an opinion on them as such...and if I did it would be kept to any face to face discussions with friends or family and not online as I just don't see what it actually achieves.

I do rent films from Amazon sometimes (but don't have a prime account) and am currently having a trial period with their HD Music content which ends on 25th Dec! but won't continue with it as it is not as intuitive as Quboz or quality as good.

So many sites/forums I visit or am connected with are inundated with political stuff and crap at the moment and i'm sick and tired of it. People will always differ in their opinions and have done for centuries but faceless and online is just crass....yes the easy answer is to ignore and click off which I tend to do a lot now, so at least lets keep it sane and friendly as this site always has been (and funny sometimes too).

Peter
        OMD-EM1 Mk2, 40-150. f2.8Pro, MC-14 converter, 7-14mm 2.8, 17mm 1.8, 45mm 1.8G, OM50mm 1.8, OM 28mm F2.8, OM 200mm F4 Giottos Silk Road YTL8384Tripod Giottos MH5011 head FL36 and other bits and bobs...
        I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
        www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

My experience with Amazon is they put the customer front and centre of everything they do. I've never had a problem with them that wasn't resolved quickly and in my favour. I am aware the warehouses are not great places to work, but suspect that complaint applies to any online retailer of physical goods. There isn't shelf picking job out there that could be described as a good job, but they are actual paying jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
            If I were you Ian I would be far more concerned that Boris Johnson's lawyers might come knocking on your door owing to repeated allegations on this forum that the man in a compulsive liar.

I believe there are legal restrictions about what can and cannot be said publicly about politicians in the days before an election.
            https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Jim

Comment

Re: Amazon Boycot

Originally posted by Internaut View Post
              My experience with Amazon is they put the customer front and centre of everything they do. I've never had a problem with them that wasn't resolved quickly and in my favour. I am aware the warehouses are not great places to work, but suspect that complaint applies to any online retailer of physical goods. There isn't shelf picking job out there that could be described as a good job, but they are actual paying jobs.

Comment

That's time for a lot of new lies in the world of Porky Pie especially when his idol is in town

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                  I didn't say you were wrong though Jim.
                  ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Disrespect to other members will not be tolerated and this the reason for the removal of a recent post here.

Ian
                    Founder and editor of:
                    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                    NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Disrespect to other members will not be tolerated and this the reason for the removal of a recent post here.

Ian
                      Should that respect extend to non members?
                      Do all views deserve respect?

I hear you all the same and will calibrate my future comments accordingly.
                      Stuff from Cuba
                      More stuff from Cuba
                      It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                        Should that respect extend to non members?
                        Do all views deserve respect?

I hear you all the same and will calibrate my future comments accordingly.
                        No insults implied or otherwise directed at other members, please.

I don't want to see anything remotely libellous on the forum. Some would say that public figures are fair game, but I remind you all, this is not a website for no holds-barred political slanging matches.

The purpose of The Lounge was always intended to be for the same friendly and considered discussion we enjoy on the rest of the forum, but for non-photographic topics.

Ian
                        Founder and editor of:
                        Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                        Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                        Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                        Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
                        NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                          It amuses me that there is one instant expert on must topics aired on here, most especially as it is the same person every time!

I suppose like all narcissists they are immune from the sniggers at their expense, but I can't fault them for entertainment value, long may it continue.
                          It amuses me that those who spout left-wing views lack the ability to disagree on any point without being insulting.

A true gentleman never offends unintentionally.

Given that your comments seem to be aimed in my direction I think it best that I take a prolonged break from this forum.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                            A true gentleman never offends unintentionally.
                            Probably one of your better insults, I must remember it!

Please don't leave on my account, I appreciate your posts and would miss your comments like many others here.

And for the record I'm definitely anti right wing, but not fully left wing, although I do enjoy the devil's advocacy.
                            Stuff from Cuba
                            More stuff from Cuba
                            It all started here

Comment

Do not go Nige, we need our ever open reference book of railways and other such things plus the odd aside referring to the activities of the various managers in your familly

A plea from a self confessed Amazon user.
                              This space for rent

Comment

Still not sure why so many people are on a photography forum who never seem to take any photographs.
                                People on this section don't generally appear in things like the monthly competition.
                                One exception I have noticed is Mr Wornish, perhaps picking up a camera might help ease the tensions

Comment

Working...
                                X