Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Election Vote

Originally posted by Otto View Post
    What amazes me is the fact that anybody would vote Conservative when they have a proven mendacious leader who can't be trusted to tell the time of day and a cabinet full of ghastly people I'd cross the street to avoid. "Nasty Party" doesn't even begin to describe them! Odd that Rees-Mogg seems to have vanished from public view, perhaps they have finally realised he's a liability.
    Having watched the recent Question Time Special program where the 4 main leaders appeared I suspect Boris doesn't actually know the time of day ! The other 3 didn't fare much better however so it does leave us with a "damned if we do and damned if we don't" situation on polling day. Whichever way it goes, my own feeling is it won't be good for the country.

Nice to see you active again Otto, some of us were slightly concerned

Jax

Comment

What amazes me is the fact that anybody would vote Conservative when they have a proven mendacious leader who can't be trusted to tell the time of day and a cabinet full of ghastly people I'd cross the street to avoid. "Nasty Party" doesn't even begin to describe them! Odd that Rees-Mogg seems to have vanished from public view, perhaps they have finally realised he's a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
        Nice to see you active again Otto, some of us were slightly concerned

Jax

Thanks Jax and TimP, perhaps I should have announced I'd be going on hols for three weeks before disappearing! It was a great but very tiring trip to India, Bhutan and Nepal, and I have getting on for 2000 pics to sort out. If any of them are worth posting you'll see them in due course but don't hold your breath ...

India was manic, Bhutan beautiful, Nepal (well, that bit was 24 hours in Kathmandu as Bhutan doesn't have an airport large enough for anything bigger than an Airbus A319). Suffice it to say "don't go with FlyDubai" - they make RyanAir seem like first class!

Back on topic - ish - I'm glad I've been away while the idiocy in Westmonster continues unabated. We truly are in big doodoos. Here in the Dales we're in extreme Tory country, it's William Hague's old constituency now held by Rishi Sunak whose main concern seems to be sucking up to whoever is PM so he can climb the greasy pole. Even the Tactical Vote website can't come up with a solution to that! I despair, I really do. If the Tories get back in I really think we are done for.
        Regards
        Richard

Comment

Originally posted by wornish View Post

The other party leaders on later this week must be a little nervous
          And so they should be;
          It used to be an accepted part of the job, that a senior politician expose themselves to probing and tenacious journalism in exploration of their proposed policies.

Much as I disliked her policies Maggie didn't seem to avoid such encounters, and was able to handle the most determined of interviewers; likewise most of her contemporaries from other parties.

I think the change might have started around David Cameron's era, and now we have descended to politicians using video messages, carefully staged from party HQ. Thus the crafted message is put out, without pesky journalists or members of the public subjecting it to scrutiny; you can even edit the out-takes before broadcast.

I deliberately didn't watch the 4 way interview, but Jane mentioned that of the four, BJ was the only one to be sporting a wired earpiece. It can only lead me to think that the Conservative press office were behind the scenes telling what (or what not) to say.
          Best Regards
          Bill

The nearest I have to a home page.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
          They're Watching You!

Comment

Originally posted by peak4 View Post
            I deliberately didn't watch the 4 way interview, but Jane mentioned that of the four, BJ was the only one to be sporting a wired earpiece. It can only lead me to think that the Conservative press office were behind the scenes telling what (or what not) to say.
            "Her indoors", more likely!

Harold
            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Hey - inspired by the Tories 'calculations' of nurses figures, I've now got another car!

I was thinking of scrapping the one I have, but changed my mind - so keeping it counts as another car. So now I have two!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                Hey - inspired by the Tories 'calculations' of nurses figures, I've now got another car!

I was thinking of scrapping the one I have, but changed my mind - so keeping it counts as another car. So now I have two!

Jim
                If you wait long enough, Labour will add free cars to all in their pledges, to be funded by the Tooth Fairy, no doubt.

Harold
                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Well, would you let Boris loose without strict supervision?
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
                    If you wait long enough, Labour will add free cars to all in their pledges, to be funded by the Tooth Fairy, no doubt.

Harold
                    Pure conjecture Harold - pure conjecture! The Tory scam is out there in black and white.

Jim

Comment

Didn't think I'd make any comment on this thread but yes it's great to see you were away on your hols Otto. I look forward to seeing your views of India. OK not quite the comment the thread was set up to get but at least it was a genuine reply which is more than we seem to get from our politicians these days. Having watched that Andrew Neal interview from your link Dave I suspect I'll watch the others now. Like Tim I don't feel much like voting for any of our current politicians, sad thing is I doubt watching any of the TV coverage will convince me otherwise. I'm sure there must be some genuinely decent and honest politicians out there somewhere?! if only they would get together and form a Common Sense Party so we could use our votes wisely.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/flip_photo_flickr/

Comment

Originally posted by Phill D View Post
                        I'm sure there must be some genuinely decent and honest politicians out there somewhere?! if only they would get together and form a Common Sense Party so we could use our votes wisely.
                        Most of the decent Tory politicians are not standing again or have been purged, leaving the way clear for the extreme right swivel eyed loons!

Jim

Comment

I cannot see the point in dying rich myself - not that I will.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

From Facebook just now:
                            I said "Alexa, list the lies that Boris has told". She hasn't shut up for three days.
                            Regards
                            Richard

Comment

Well, postal vote papers haven't come today so, as I'm away in the morning and for the next three weeks, I am unable to vote.
                              I would tick the 'won't vote' but as it isn't my choice I won't tick anything.

Comment

We haven't received our postal votes either. Maybe they are hoping it won't happen after all?

From Facebook just now:
                                I said "Alexa, list the lies that Boris has told". She hasn't shut up for three days.
                                Well I asked Alexa to list every lying MP. She had got as far as 649 when the battery went flat, but she did point out that none of them are currently sitting.
                                ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Working...
                                X