Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Vote

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Election Vote

    Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
    Oh yes, that too!

    The moral is, never believe anyone who promises anything for free!
    The beauty of not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise and is not preceded by periods of anxiety

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Election Vote

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Election Vote

        Originally posted by TimP View Post
        ?

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Election Vote

          I don't wear any colour tie (except black at funerals and any colour which matches my shirt at weddings ).

          In this day and age, I can't understand anyone holding allegiance to a particular party because they chop and change at every turn, they make promises which even they know can't all be fulfilled and what if you don't like the policies of your favoured party, do you still vote for them this time around?

          Of course there is always the case of your favourite party fielding a politician you dislike, are you still going to vote for him/her?

          No, holding allegiance must be the worst thing any free thinking person can do in regard to politics.

          As they always say -
          Q - 'How do you know when a politician is lying' ------
          A - 'When he's got his mouth open'

          All JMHO of course.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Election Vote

            Originally posted by Keith-369 View Post
            I don't wear any colour tie (except black at funerals and any colour which matches my shirt at weddings ).

            In this day and age, I can't understand anyone holding allegiance to a particular party because they chop and change at every turn, they make promises which even they know can't all be fulfilled and what if you don't like the policies of your favoured party, do you still vote for them this time around?

            Of course there is always the case of your favourite party fielding a politician you dislike, are you still going to vote for him/her?

            No, holding allegiance must be the worst thing any free thinking person can do in regard to politics.

            As they always say -
            Q - 'How do you know when a politician is lying' ------
            A - 'When he's got his mouth open'

            All JMHO of course.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Election Vote

              Not quite the same, is it? Once the infrastructure's there, squirting bits down an optical fibre shouldn't cost a great deal, as opposed to the cost of electricity generation, gas extraction and water purification and supply.

              Jim

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Election Vote

                Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                Not quite the same, is it? Once the infrastructure's there, squirting bits down an optical fibre shouldn't cost a great deal, as opposed to the cost of electricity generation, gas extraction and water purification and supply.

                Jim
                The hardware required to provide modern internet services is not cheap.

                But of course, when everyone is connected at 110 Baud and we return to Teletext all will be fine.
                Dave

                My Flickr

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Election Vote

                  If all the major parties had got together shortly after the Referendum and said 'we're not going to do that [because], but we will renegotiate certain aspects with Brussels' (perhaps along the lines of David Cameron's negotiations) it could all have been sorted by now and most people would be happy about it.

                  But to argue the toss and obfuscate for three years and then for the Lib Dems to say 'we don't recognise the result of the Referendum so we're cancelling it' Labour to say 'we don't really know so we will hold a second referendum', and the Tories to say 'we're leaving whatever the consequences' is a disgrace.

                  How many people would get away with that in their days jobs irrespective of their salaries?
                  ---------------

                  Naughty Nigel


                  Difficult is worth doing

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Election Vote

                    Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                    Our Tory MP (Richard Harrington), whose not standing for reelection was a pretty decent person.

                    Jim
                    Did you really just say that Jim?
                    ---------------

                    Naughty Nigel


                    Difficult is worth doing

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Election Vote

                      If you haven't watched the Andrew Neil interview with Nicola Sturgeon then I highly recommend it.
                      Someone actually tweeted " I'm a politician get me out of here".

                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2019-50540402


                      The other party leaders on later this week must be a little nervous
                      Dave

                      My Flickr

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Election Vote

                        Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                        If all the major parties had got together shortly after the Referendum and said 'we're not going to do that [because], but we will renegotiate certain aspects with Brussels' (perhaps along the lines of David Cameron's negotiations) it could all have been sorted by now and most people would be happy about it.

                        But to argue the toss and obfuscate for three years and then for the Lib Dems to say 'we don't recognise the result of the Referendum so we're cancelling it' Labour to say 'we don't really know so we will hold a second referendum', and the Tories to say 'we're leaving whatever the consequences' is a disgrace.

                        How many people would get away with that in their days jobs irrespective of their salaries?
                        Love the irony in the Lib Dems (clue in the name) wanting to overturn democracy.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Election Vote

                          Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                          Not quite the same, is it? Once the infrastructure's there, squirting bits down an optical fibre shouldn't cost a great deal, as opposed to the cost of electricity generation, gas extraction and water purification and supply.

                          Jim

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Election Vote

                            Originally posted by wornish View Post
                            If you haven't watched the Andrew Neil interview with Nicola Sturgeon then I highly recommend it.
                            Someone actually tweeted " I'm a politician get me out of here".

                            https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2019-50540402


                            The other party leaders on later this week must be a little nervous
                            I was watching it when a house fuse blew. I had to pause and silence her

                            I had probably watched about two thirds of it. My impression is that he, very politely, demolished her arguments. I though she was visibly squirming in her seat.

                            Harold
                            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Election Vote

                              Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
                              I was watching it when a house fuse blew. I had to pause and silence her

                              I had probably watched about two thirds of it. My impression is that he, very politely, demolished her arguments. I though she was visibly squirming in her seat.

                              Harold
                              She did a lot better last week on her Question Time appearance. The interview last night was quite something to watch.
                              Dave

                              My Flickr

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Election Vote

                                What amazes me is the fact that anybody would vote Conservative when they have a proven mendacious leader who can't be trusted to tell the time of day and a cabinet full of ghastly people I'd cross the street to avoid. "Nasty Party" doesn't even begin to describe them! Odd that Rees-Mogg seems to have vanished from public view, perhaps they have finally realised he's a liability.
                                Regards
                                Richard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X