X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the Prince Andrew Photo fake?

Originally posted by MJ224 View Post
    And anyway I believe his story
    Including the once in a lifetime fast food meal?

His children would be able to corroborate such a one-off.

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
      I would submit that Mr Corbyn has made his wishes quite clear during public televised speeches in recent weeks, and by his own behaviour at state events.

His links with and support for terrorist organisations are also deeply worrying. Likewise John McDonnell, who has a plaque in his office honouring IRA 'martyrs'.

Anyhow, on to other things.

Comment

I sometimes wonder if history may have followed a different course if the Irish had been treated better during the Potato Famine. Just saying.....
        John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Negotiating with terrorists is one thing. Supporting them is another.

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
          I sometimes wonder if history may have followed a different course if the Irish had been treated better during the Potato Famine. Just saying.....
          Quite likely, although the potato famine spread to Scotland and the north of England so many were starving here for the same reasons; but that didn't excuse the Irish Lords who lived mainly in England for exporting their food here.

I think if the famine had taken place anywhere else in Europe it would have been largely forgotten by now, just as very few hold a grudge against the Germans for WW1 and WW2.
          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Negotiating with terrorists is one thing. Supporting them is another.

Comment

Originally posted by shotokan101

Comment

Fair point, Nelson Mandela being an example of that

Comment

I've deleted the post to which this refers, following a number of complaints. I think we are drifting off topic now.
                  John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post
                    I've deleted the post to which this refers, following a number of complaints. I think we are drifting off topic now.
                    Drifting off topic ? In this forum ? Heavens to Moigatroid ! You can't possibly be serious

Anyway, I obviously need to get up earlier as I missed the post in question.

Jax

Comment

One assumes he meant that he wanted his own god to be judge not theirs.
                      Should such a deity exist then one wonders why he would not want to follow it's teachings?
                      Love thy neighbour or thou shall not commit murder or cast the first stone, any of that sound familiar at all?
                      Perhaps it is all too Marxist in today's world.
                      Stuff from Cuba
                      More stuff from Cuba
                      It all started here

Comment

Originally posted by Steveee View Post
                        My point was really that your “supporting terrorists” is someone else’s “supporting freedom fighters”. It’s a matter of perspective. And I had my (growing up in the 70s reading only British newspapers) perspective challenged, and broadened, in Belfast recently.

Anyway, back to that Andrew scoundrel.......?
                        I accept that there are two sides to every story Steve but this has nothing to do with reading newspapers.

Guildford was my home town. I was an 18 year old student on Saturday 5 October 1974, enjoying a night out.

I don't need to say anything further except that indiscriminate terror bombing of innocent civilians is never, ever justified. These people were terrorists, not freedom fighters.
                        ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                          One assumes he meant that he wanted his own god to be judge not theirs.
                          Should such a deity exist then one wonders why he would not want to follow it's teachings?
                          Love thy neighbour or thou shall not commit murder or cast the first stone, any of that sound familiar at all?
                          Perhaps it is all too Marxist in today's world.
                          What is Marxist about 'loving thy neighbour, not commiting murder and not casting the first stone'? These are the basics of peaceful living which all would do well to adopt.

God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai to serve as principles of moral behavior for the human race. These surpass all creeds, political ideology and economic systems.
                          ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai to serve as principles of moral behavior for the human race. These surpass all creeds, political ideology and economic systems.
                            I've never needed a 'Commandment' from a metaphysical entity for my moral compass - nor have I believed in one since I was about 8 years old!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                              I've never needed a 'Commandment' from a metaphysical entity for my moral compass - nor have I believed in one since I was about 8 years old!

Jim
                              Well that was a predictable response Jim.

Whatever our personal beliefs The Commandments form the basis of peaceful coexistence of the human race.
                              ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Well that was a predictable response Jim.

Whatever our personal beliefs The Commandments form the basis of peaceful coexistence of the human race.
                                Glad to see they are working so well.....
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X