Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boris Gate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boris Gate

    Originally posted by Jax View Post
    Good boys ! Go get your milk and Blue Peter badges. Hang on......... did they ever do Red Peter badges ?

    Jax
    There were a variety of colours, but no red sadly.
    Stuff from Cuba
    More stuff from Cuba
    It all started here

    Comment


    • Re: Boris Gate

      Originally posted by Jax View Post
      Good boys ! Go get your milk and Blue Peter badges. Hang on......... did they ever do Red Peter badges ?

      Jax
      There was a golden Blue Peter badge, a small number of which were awarded for very special efforts. That could possibly be passed off as a Lib Dem badge that I would happily approve, but it could be a bit far right for this forum.
      ---------------

      Naughty Nigel


      Difficult is worth doing

      Comment


      • Re: Boris Gate

        Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
        There was a golden Blue Peter badge, a small number of which were awarded for very special efforts. That could possibly be passed off as a Lib Dem badge that I would happily approve, but it could be a bit far right for this forum.


        Stuff from Cuba
        More stuff from Cuba
        It all started here

        Comment


        • Re: Boris Gate

          ---------------

          Naughty Nigel


          Difficult is worth doing

          Comment


          • Re: Boris Gate

            Originally posted by Jax View Post
            Good boys ! Go get your milk and Blue Peter badges. Hang on......... did they ever do Red Peter badges ?

            Jax
            The Blue Peter means the ship is about to set sail

            The only red one I could find:

            "I am taking in or discharging or carrying dangerous goods."

            Harold
            The body is willing but the mind is weak.

            Comment


            • Re: Boris Gate

              https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...rs/pay-doctors

              Do you really think council leaders should be paid so excessively? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...0000-services/

              If footballers were paid a more realistic wage then match tickets would be much cheaper?
              Stuff from Cuba
              More stuff from Cuba
              It all started here

              Comment


              • Re: Boris Gate

                Perhaps that should be "he is paid..."?

                Harold
                The body is willing but the mind is weak.

                Comment


                • Re: Boris Gate

                  Originally posted by Jim Ford View Post
                  I don't have access to the information on which you base the above interpretation of your local politics, consequently I apply 'Hitchen's Razor'!

                  You could equally claim that the local Labour Council members eat babies!

                  Jim
                  Wiki: Windlestone Hall

                  The Northern Echo: Windlestone Hall

                  Wiki: T Dan Smith

                  Chronicle: Durham City Corruption
                  ---------------

                  Naughty Nigel


                  Difficult is worth doing

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boris Gate

                    Would you really want to be operated on by someone who doesn't mind doing the job moe cheaply?

                    Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                    Do you really think council leaders should be paid so excessively? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...0000-services/
                    Which flavour is Slough Borough Council I wonder?

                    If as I suspect they mostly good socialists why would they want to be paid so much?

                    Anyhow, I thought Liverpool Council's Chief Exe was the highest paid in the UK?

                    Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                    If footballers were paid a more realistic wage then match tickets would be much cheaper?
                    But the players would all leave the country for mainland Europe.

                    There again we might see a lot more women's football, and rugby.
                    ---------------

                    Naughty Nigel


                    Difficult is worth doing

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boris Gate

                      Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
                      The Blue Peter means the ship is about to set sail

                      The only red one I could find:

                      "I am taking in or discharging or carrying dangerous goods."

                      Harold
                      Seems quite appropriate given the current topic under discussion

                      Jax

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boris Gate

                        Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                        Would you really want to be operated on by someone who doesn't mind doing the job more cheaply?

                        Look at the NHS link I put for you, no NHS medical salaries are near that now!
                        Stuff from Cuba
                        More stuff from Cuba
                        It all started here

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boris Gate

                          Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
                          The Blue Peter means the ship is about to set sail

                          The only red one I could find:

                          "I am taking in or discharging or carrying dangerous goods."

                          Harold
                          That is a Signal Flag Harold (B: Bravo) not the Blue Peter which is the flag for P: Papa.

                          My favourite is Z: Zulu. (Look it up.)
                          ---------------

                          Naughty Nigel


                          Difficult is worth doing

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boris Gate

                            Originally posted by Beagletorque View Post
                            Look at the NHS link I put for you, no NHS medical salaries are near that now!
                            ---------------

                            Naughty Nigel


                            Difficult is worth doing

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boris Gate

                              Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
                              My favourite is Z: Zulu. (Look it up.)
                              I can understand why !

                              Jax

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boris Gate

                                I think many people could live remarkably comfortably for salaries of only
                                Stuff from Cuba
                                More stuff from Cuba
                                It all started here

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X