Boris Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boris Gate

I would vote for the party which promises to build a yellow brick road.

Harold
    The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuiko View Post

It is imperative that we put all other issues aside and use this election to destroy the Conservative Party before it destroys us. It doesn't matter how you vote so long as you don't vote Tory!
      I don't think the Tories are alone in misleading the electorate John. I don't know who did the maths behind Labour's spending plans but it has a strong whiff of the Dianne Abbott's School of Economics.

We have to be very careful what we wish for. Do we destroy the Tory Party or do we let Labour's reckless spending and political ideology destroy us, once again?

If Comrade Corbyn does get into No 10 a lot of good hardworking people will be leaving the country so where will he get his money from?

So far we have been told that every spending pledge will be funded by Amazon, Google and those in the highest 5% earnings bracket. Really?

Sadly, all too many people, including some members here, will look no further than the colour of the candidates' rosettes.
      ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
        So far we have been told that every spending pledge will be funded by Amazon, Google and those in the highest 5% earnings bracket. Really?
        Pay attention! The increased productivity, brought about by the shortening of the working week to four days, will pay for it and more!

Harold
        The body is willing but the mind is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
          Pay attention! The increased productivity, brought about by the shortening of the working week to four days, will pay for it and more! Harold
          According to more than a few local pub crawlers, they need to vote for JC, otherwise, they would lose their benefits.

If the above, were a viable option, then lt makes sense to reduce the working week down to 0 days' work. That way everyone can enjoy a lifestyle on benefits where everything is free... providing you vote for me?

I think 'wor Jeremy the saviour of the human race' thinks he is the other JC, the one who could walk on water. Such a shame there is no room at the inn due to cutbacks.

JIC you think I'm biased. when it comes to voting on the 12th, I'm spoilt for choice? Do I vote for Dumb or Dumber, or do I vote for the nuMPties in waiting? Decisions, decisions, decisions.
          It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Harold Gough View Post
            Pay attention! The increased productivity, brought about by the shortening of the working week to four days, will pay for it and more!

Harold
            Oh yes, thank you for reminding me about that Harold.

Question is, how will Comrade Corbyn's wrecking spree differ from every other Labour government that has gone before, making false promises, pi55ing money up the wall and wrecking the economy?

I twenty years time those on the left will be bleating once again about the Tory cuts and austerity needed to rescue the economy from bankruptcy in 2025 - 2026.

I would refer you to Lord Healey's words above:

Originally posted by Lord Healey

“But was this [raising taxes] largely a gesture aimed at cheering up Labour’s core vote in difficult times? Lord Healey is disarmingly honest. “I think probably so. Because what I learned as chancellor was that the rich can nearly always find ways of avoiding tax that are legal, and in any case the amount raised is very small. And it does encourage people to leave the country.”
            This interview was in 2009. I would aver that 'the rich' who will be targeted by Comrade Corbyn and his acolytes to make the Labour core vote 'feel better' are just as mobile now as they were ten years ago, if not more so.

If I worked in public services and belonged to a powerful union I would undoubtedly vote Labour. After all, why wouldn't you vote for a party that promises to flood you with eye watering amounts of money with no risk to your job or pension? Unfortunately, what these people do not understand, and what their unions will never tell them is that we need a working economy to pay for our public services.
            ---------------

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing

Comment

It is imperative that we put all other issues aside and use this election to destroy the Conservative Party before it destroys us. It doesn't matter how you vote so long as you don't vote Tory!
              Nice to see the Official Forum Admin. unbiased political stance confirmed

Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                Nice to see the Official Forum Admin. unbiased political stance confirmed Jax
                There's only one answer to that... ORDER, ORDER!
                It's not what inspires us that is important, it's where the journey takes us.

Wally and his Collie with our Oly bits & bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                  There's only one answer to that... ORDER, ORDER!
                  All that's needed now is A NOD from Admin

Jax

Comment

Nice to see the Official Forum Admin. unbiased political stance confirmed

Jax
                    When I join these debates it is as an individual and the views I express are my own personal views and they do not reflect official policy of this site. Of course I am biased, but it is just my own personal opinion.
                    John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

When I join these debates it is as an individual and the views I express are my own personal views and they do not reflect official policy of this site. Of course I am biased, but it is just my own personal opinion.
                      Of course you are John, like me. But no one else on the forum are biased in any way eh?
                      sigpicDave

Comment

Why is it OK to refer to the leader of the opposition as 'comrade", when If someone was to refer to a member of the blue party as a fascist there would be an uproar?
                        sigpicDave

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                          Of course you are John, like me. But no one else on the forum are biased in any way eh?
                          I think one biased side is vastly outnumbered by the other on here

You can draw your own conclusions which is which. Just don't ask Diane Abbott to do the maths

Jax

Comment

I think one biased side is vastly outnumbered by the other on here

You can draw your own conclusions which is which. Just don't ask Diane Abbott to do the maths

Jax
                            I agree that the Right are in the majority here, but the Left generally put up a spirited opposition. However, the numbers on both sides that take an active part in the debates are actually quite low and both sides to a large extent are merely preaching to the converted, whilst the vast majority of members concern themselves with discussing photo related topics.
                            John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there � even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau

Comment

Originally posted by sapper View Post
                              Why is it OK to refer to the leader of the opposition as 'comrade", when If someone was to refer to a member of the blue party as a fascist there would be an uproar?
                              That's just Nigel being Nigel. I think that we're all aware of the deep prejudice he holds against Corbyn.

Jim

Comment

I agree that the Right are in the majority here, but the Left generally put up a spirited opposition.
                                Not sure if that was sarcasm or humour but either way it made me laugh

Jax

Comment

Working...
                                X